Posted 18 days ago
The Assistant Manager (AM) is responsible as well as held accountable for all service execution standards of operations, spearheading the Local Store Marketing for their location, cleanliness and shift management. He or she impacts an environment in which the guest is always the #1 priority and always ensures that positive guest experiences are influenced and executed through Biercraft standards. The Assistant manager, although responsible for front of house operations, is not a just a FOH manager. They will be running shifts and working on the floor as well as overseeing the kitchen. The candidate for this position must be organized, comfortable learning and working with all team members, but must be a confident individual that is passionate about running shifts in a fast paced guest driven environment they personally will be impacting & managing.
• Although restaurant experience is preferred but not necessary, it is important the candidate has management experience in a customer service based business where they did retain employees that did report to them directly and/or have experience working in the hospitality industry as a server, bartender, line cook or manager looking to advance into a senior management role. The Candidate will also be running the floor as a shift manager, so confidence with floor management, speaking with guests and working in a Front of House role is imperative.
• Candidate does not require previous kitchen line experience. We are willing to train the right candidate through their initial training.
• Candidate must be organized, articulate & passionate about people.
• Candidate must have supervising skills not only in a leadership role but must feel comfortable in a position of authority that includes coaching, rewarding and disciplining employees in an effective manner.
• Candidate must have a great and solid work ethic. Running a restaurant is not a nine to five job so they must anticipate working flexible hours and possibly more than 44 hours (if needed) each week with a commitment to punctuality and accessibility.
• Candidate must have a great ability to hire and train staff. An AM plays a large role in the success of service execution and standards in their ability to build a team of great people. The AM should have a good eye for hiring strong candidates for their Front of House team and a high commitment to training them to a high performance standard.
• Candidate must be assertive, have strong communication & listening skills
• Candidate must be able to count cash & feel comfortable performing bookkeeping tasks as the role does require quite a bit of administration work and responsibilities.
• Basic experience with Microsoft Excel & Word is necessary
Date Available: October 14th, 2019
Compensation: Above industry average, a great tip out, full benefits available and many other perks!
Requirements: Serving It Right, Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Alex Newton
Contact Position: General Manager
In the heart of the Cambie Village — along the newly opened Canada Line, BierCraft Bistro offers a fantastic selection of worldly and local Craft Beers along with a mouth-watering menu, great service and value.