Posted 16 days ago
Hawksworth Restaurant Services is currently seeking hard-working and passionate individuals for the position of Jr. Sous Chef with Chef David Hawksworth's Pastry team. This position will be located at our production kitchen.
Who You Are
- A team-player; you thrive in a team environment and are an expert communicator in the kitchen
- You thrive in high-volume, fast-paced environments, preferably in a fine dining establishment
- You're a born chef; you have superior technical and natural cooking abilities
- A minimum of 3+ years of fine dining kitchen experience is required
- Accreditation from a culinary school, Red Seal Certificate or equivalent trade paper preferred
- Have a good working knowledge of European, Canadian and American pastry
- High standards of food quality, handling, and presentation
Who Are We
Among the many perks of working with Hawksworth include the opportunity to receive great instruction from some of the city's best chefs, the ability to be promoted and grow within the company, and extended health benefits to all kitchen employees.
Please respond with a resume outlining your experience.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
A celebration of Vancouver’s cultural diversity and natural environment Hawksworth Restaurant showcases ingredient led, contemporary cuisine that demonstrates the highly skilled technique and relentless drive for perfection that has become Chef David Hawksworth’s trademark.
Five-time winner of Best Upscale Restaurant in Vancouver Magazine’s Restaurant Awards, Hawksworth Restaurant is glamorous and elegant, yet relaxed and welcoming with warm and attentive service. Hawksworth Restaurant is located in the heart of the city at Georgia and Howe Streets within the legendary Rosewood Hotel Georgia.
Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with in bar dining menus and its own private rooms, Hawksworth can deliver an array of dining experiences from power breakfasts to after-work drinks, to formal gala events.