Posted 5 days ago
We are a start-up food truck, catering, and events company looking for a Chef Pizzaiolo Manager.
The chef pizzaiolo manager will oversee culinary operations of our commissary kitchen, off site catering operations, and food truck daily operations. The chef pizzaiolo manager will be required to provide creative direction as well as maintain high operational standards. This includes having mastery of wood fired pizza production in a variety of Italian regional and international techniques and be able to provide leadership in these areas.
The position will also require leading and overseeing of staff, ordering and maintaining product, maintenance and procuring of equipment, menu development, driving and maintaining the food truck(s), participation in JOH&S, preparation and participation in HACCP and Foodsafe policies and procedures, and any other duties deemed necessary by management
• Minimum 10 years as a pizzaiolo with experience making dough, prepping pizza ingredients, shaping pizzas, cooking pizzas in electric, gas, and wood fired ovens
• Minimum 5 years experience using a wood-fired oven
• Minimum 3 years experience overseeing a team of 3 or more pizzaiolos
• Minimum 3 years experience as a chef, overseeing kitchen and catering production, leading a staff of 10 cooks or more
• Minimum 5 years event experience (including on-site large festivals for 1000+ attendees)
• Knowledge and experience of regional Italian pizza making, including Neapolitan-style pizza, Roman-style pizza, Sicilian pizza, other Italian regional traditions
• Knowledge and experience of international pizza making, including New York-style, Detroit-style, Argentine-style, and other international regional traditions
• Knowledge and experience of regional Italian baking, including traditional Neapolitan bread baking and sandwich preparation such as Saltimbocca and Panuozzo and other Italian regional traditions
• Knowledge and experience of regional Italian hand made pasta production techniques, including northern Italian regional preparations as well as polenta preparations
• Knowledge and experience of foraging and farming
• Valid class 5 Drivers License
• Valid Foodsafe Level 1