Posted 18 days ago
We are looking for a Liquor Store Manager to join our Island management team who will operate, organize and oversee the everyday operations of Lucky's Liquor Store in Nanaimo.
The Liquor Store Manager ensures that the operations are efficiently run by leading, monitoring and supporting the team. The position will be focusing on managing the financial, marketing, and human resources aspect of the liquor store. Also, the Store Manager will be expected to share the values and culture of the Cambie Malones Group.
The duties and responsibilities will be focusing around 6 main objectives:
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: provide great customer service and best level of service, gain customer feedback, ensures the store is kept organize, clean and welcoming, enforce staff to provide exceptional customer service on a daily basis.
- FINANCE: ensures enough staff on at all times to provide fast and effective service, generating the maximum possible revenue, monitor staff to ensure upselling is occurring, monitors stock, promotions and event to ensure accuracy and appropriateness
- PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT: monitor staff performance at key trading times, set a good example in all aspects of the business as a role model for all staff, ensures staff are on-time 100% of the time, follows disciplinary procedure if a formal verbal warning, written warning or termination is necessary, provide ongoing feedback and suggestions to staff in order to continually develop their performance
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION: upholds all aspects of the law relating to the Liquor Laws, operates within legal hours
- OPERATIONS: ensure a safe work environment for all staff and patrons, ensure good housekeeping, provide good work atmosphere and ambience
- MARKETING: ensure staff are consistently stocking, facing, and rotating products, gains positive online reviews, organize events or promotions to make the store more attractive and lively
- Minimum of 5 years working in the retail industry and 3 years in a management position
- Serving it Right Certificate
- A college education is an asset
Why work with us?
- Lucky's Liquor Stor is one of 10 other locations managed and run by The Cambie Malone's Group. This means there's always room for career growth and development. We invest in the health and professional growth of our staff.
- You will get to be apart of a new but well-established liquor store.
- Extended health and dental benefits plan is available for full-time staff
- Lucky's was nominated as one of the best retailers in Nanaimo last year
- We work hard and we love to have fun!!
- We will train you, invest in you and work with you. We only need you to be an enthusiastic person with good attention to detail and an outgoing personality, leave the rest to us!
We hope to hear from you!
The Cambie Malone’s Group was founded in 1988 in Vancouver, BC.
With 6 locations in Downtown Vancouver and 5 locations on Vancouver Island and over 200 staff, The Cambie Malone’s Group continues to provide its customers with the best value, customer service and product. We strive to provide an exciting experience at all of our locations through consistent great service and teamwork.
We believe we are industry leaders and innovators throughout all of our locations, which is contributed to hiring talented individuals whom we allow to expand along with the company’s growth.