Posted 17 days ago
The Vancouver Lawn Tennis & Badminton Club (“the Club”) is the city’s premier racquets, fitness, and social Club. Located just a few minutes from downtown, the Club offers exceptional tennis, badminton, squash, fitness and aquatics programming for over 4,000 members, along with a variety of social events with upscale-casual dining in 3 restaurants.
We are recruiting for Banquet Servers to join our Food & Beverage Team!
ABOUT THE POSITION
We pride ourselves to provide effective and high quality service to our members. We look for individuals who are committed team players and can be relied upon by others. Successful applicants must be available to work a minimum of 2 shifts per week. The main duties include:
• Following service standards to ensure positive member experiences, providing prompt and professional service for a variety of events
• Responsible for the event preparation, set up, service of food and beverage clearing and -clean up as per specifications in the event order
• Ensuring quality is always maintained through an event
• Following all policies/procedures and safety guidelines
• Assisting with cleaning responsibilities
• Ensuring proper handling and cleaning of all equipment, glassware, china and silverware
• Immediate communication of special requests made by Members and guests to the manager and communicating guest problems or concerns
• Performing other relevant duties as assigned by the Food and Beverage management team
• Minimum of 1 year Food & Beverage experience
• Experience in banquets/events preferred
• Must have Serving it Right certificate
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to work well under pressure
• Reliable and committed, a team player
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time in a fast paced environment
• Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism is an asset
• Ideal candidate is available to work all shifts; including weekends and holidays on a part time basis.
Starting wage: $17/hour + gratuities
At Vancouver Lawn, we offer a positive and friendly environment, competitive wages, gratuities and staff recognition fund program (effective Jan 1), medical benefits, employee meals and free parking.
If you are someone who has a passion for people and delivering outstanding service, we'd love to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Date Available: December 2nd, 2019
Compensation: $17/hour + gratuities
Requirements: Serving It Right, Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: HR Vancouver Lawn
Contact Position: Human Resources Manager
The Vancouver Lawn Tennis and Badminton Club is a private members only Club that has been in existence since 1897. We are one of the city’s most prestigious private racquets clubs and are ‘home’ to many of Vancouver’s leading citizens, in all walks of life. Located just 5 minutes from downtown, the Club has over 3000 members who enjoy a private oasis in the city with superior racquets programs, year-round amenities, superb dining and friendly, personalized service. We owe our success to friendly, efficient and personalized service from all our departments. At Vancouver Lawn, we offer a positive and friendly environment, competitive wages, employee meals, benefits and free parking.