Posted 7 days ago
Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to join a fast paced, high volume athletic club which offers dining in three outlets? Come and join a culinary team where hard work and dedication can lead to career progression opportunities.
A multi department, unique, fast paced private club in West Vancouver is currently hiring for full-time cooks.
If the above sounds like you please do apply with an update to date resume and cover letter and keep an eye on your email as these positions will fill fast!
• Prepare food items following standard recipes
• Plate food items for service
• Clean food preparation and serving equipment
• Use safe and sanitary food handling practices
• Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
• Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
• Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
• Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
• Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
• Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
• Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
• Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
• Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
• Two years’ experience in similar kitchen facility
• Certificate in cooking or equivalent experience
• Calm under pressure
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Competitive wages & extended health benefits*
• On-duty staff meals (taxable benefit for full-time and part-time employees only)
• Free on-site parking
• Rewards and recognition programs
• Development and educational opportunities
• Career advancement opportunities
• Seasonal staff team building events & activities
• Exclusive access to Workplace©, our new internal communication tool for HCC Staff
• Staff discount in the Sports Boutique
*PT and FT staff eligible for benefits after passing 3-month probationary review
Sounds like Hollyburn Country Club will be a great fit for you? Apply today!
Date Available: November 5th, 2019
Compensation: Hourly + Incentive* + Benefits*
Requirements: Food Safe Level 2, WHMIS, Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Marta Jones
Located in the beautiful British Properties in West Vancouver, overlooking Downtown Vancouver, Hollyburn Country Club is a private family Club that provides its members with an exclusive hub for activity, sport, dining, entertainment, socialization and business.