Job Type: Casual
The Gateway to Your Future
Ready to be part of the action? As a Dealer, you?ll be in the heart of the casino. Along with conducting the play of the game, you will interact and hold centre court as you entertain and guide the table. You like being among people and connecting with guests to make your own mark in a rewarding career. Gateway provides a comprehensive training program for those who are new to the table and encourages self-motivation to help you move your career to the next level as a supervisor or manager. Be part of a new adventure in a brag-worthy role. Grow your career in a national company with a stellar benefits package, competitive salary and more than 27 locations throughout Canada, while working in a fun environment. Put yourself in the centre of the action.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
What You Bring
- Computes wins or loses and bet settlements.
- Secures cards, chips and cash; authorizes and verifies all transactions and concentrates on table activities.
- Maintains appropriate game pace and proper game security.
- Contacts Dealer Supervisor when necessary to resolve disputes and game irregularities.
Why Work With Us?
- Minimum 1-year experience in a customer service role.
- Serving It Right (BC)/ Proserve (Alberta) certificate/ Smart Serve (Ontario).
- Sharp math skills to add and multiply numbers quickly and memorize repeated numerical combinations.
- Dealing experience is an asset.
- Completion of Deal Us In Phase I training within 30 days of start (in Alberta).
- Strong manual dexterity to deal cards with fluidity and manipulate stacks of chips.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time as applicable.
- Outgoing, friendly energy and know how to deliver extraordinary service.
- Enjoy calculating numbers, memorizing combinations, and focusing on the details.
- Take pride in every game you deal and are eager to learn and master new games.
- Are a night owl who benefits from working flexible hours, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to talk to guests about events and promotions and enjoy working in a flexible, cooperative environment.
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy. Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com. Apply Now!
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages! Please Note:The Dealer Information Sessions is has a mandatory 4-hour duration from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.If you are accepted into the training course, you must be available for the entire second week following the dealer information session, during the day
. Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.