THE BAR MANAGER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Ensure that all Club members and guests receive courteous, prompt and professional attention to all their needs.
• Embody the Club’s three core values: be Powered ON or energized at all times; display a Service First attitude (excellent customer service skills); and able to create FOMO (the fear of missing out) in daily interactions with Club members, guests, and staff
• Display evidence of the following key characteristics required for optimal delivery of customer service to members, guests, and staff: (1) enthusiasm, (2) teamwork, (3) initiative, (4) adaptability, (5) empathy, and (6) accountability
• Go above and beyond to demonstrate awareness and understanding of Hollyburn’s aim to deliver exceptional service to its members
• Responsible for all aspects of the Bar & Grill’s day-to-day operations according to the policies, procedures and goals of the Food and Beverage Department and the Club
• Ensure complete member satisfaction at all times
• Collaborating to create new and exciting cocktail menus
• Product ordering and inventory control management
• Overseeing training, checklists and daily bar duties
• Reports complaints and concerns to Restaurant Manager as soon as they occur
• Handling all cash, credit card charges and gift certificates as prescribed by standard operating procedures; performing daily cash outs
• Consistently following all revenue control procedures
• Consistently complying with local and provincial, and Club laws/policies relating to the service of alcohol
• Attending staff meetings
• General duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management
• Maintains records of liquors, beers, wine and non-alcoholic beverages to ensure ample stock is maintained at all times
• Maintains daily inventory and records indicting drinks in greatest demand
*Please note that additional duties and information about the role will be discussed during the interview
• Valid Food Safe Certificate and Serving it Right Certificate; WSET an asset
• Experience with inventory control program (Optimum Control is preferred)
• Experience as a bartender in a high-volume, quality bar.
• Strong knowledge of wine, beer and cocktails (i.e. mixology knowledge to help develop our drink menus and features).
• Available and willing to work a wide variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Suggestive sales ability
• Drivers licence and own vehicle preferred
• You agree to get a Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search at your local Police Department immediately upon being hired --- you will be reimbursed for this expense in full.
• You go above and beyond to demonstrate awareness and understanding of Hollyburn’s aim to deliver exceptional service to its members.
• Competitive wages & extended health benefits*
• On-duty staff meals (taxable benefit for full-time and part-time employees only)
• Free on-site parking
• Rewards and recognition programs
• Development and educational opportunities
• Career advancement opportunities
• Seasonal staff team building events & activities
• Exclusive access to Workplace©, our new internal communication tool for HCC Staff
• Staff discount in the Sports Boutique
*PT and FT staff eligible for benefits after passing 3-month probationary review
Located in the beautiful British Properties in West Vancouver, overlooking Downtown Vancouver, Hollyburn Country Club is a private family Club that provides its members with an exclusive hub for activity, sport, dining, entertainment, socialization and business.View Company