Job Type: Casual
The Gateway to Your Future
The cage is the heartbeat of the casino and is a central role in developing your skills and expanding your career opportunities. As a Cashier, you will accurately verify, reconcile, and process currency and chip transactions. If you thrive in an upbeat, busy, and vibrant atmosphere and the chance to be in the action, this role is perfect for you. A willingness to learn, team-player instincts, and a balanced sense of fun and responsibility are all part of what makes for a successful Cashier. While you work hard at maintaining our high standards in service excellence, we provide you with an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary at a national company with more than 27 locations throughout Canada.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
What You Bring
- Count and verify opening and closing floats for all coin, currency, chips, and marketing items.
- Exchange foreign and domestic currency.
- Counts cash and value chips according to company policies and procedures.
- Records transactions in Casino Management Software and verifies printed reports.
Why Work With Us?
- Minimum of six months of cash-handling experience.
- Ability to add, multiply, and balance floats and spreadsheets.
- DealUs In (Phase 1) and Reel Facts VLT training available within 30 days of start (Alberta).
- The ability to obtain registration with either the BCLC, AGLC or AGCO (based on province).
- Ability to pull, lift, and carry objects such as a cashier tray and can transport a heavy cart.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Good manual dexterity to accurately handle cash, tickets, and chips.
- A friendly, polite, patient and courteous energy.
- Ability to work on your feet and provide solutions quickly.
- Open to working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends.
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy. Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com. What Is Next
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages! Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.