The Pawn Shop is your local taco tequila bar on Vancouver’s infamous Granville Street. It’s a non-exclusive, come as you are, food and drink forward environment that welcomes everyone from all walks of life.
• Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
• Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
• Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
• Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
• Clean up station and take care of leftover food
• Stock inventory appropriately
• Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
Assets & Requirements
• Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
• Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
• Familiar with industry’s best practices
• Culinary school diploma an asset
Got what it takes to join the party? Apply on EightSix and attach your resume to your profile!
The Pawn Shop is your local taco tequila bar on Vancouver’s infamous Granville Street. It’s a non-exclusive, come as you are, food and drink forward environment that welcomes everyone from all walks of life. We’re here for it all: providing and being a part of a good time. At the end of the day it’s not just about tacos, craft beer and tequila, it’s about providing a space for people to feel comfortable, be who they are, and come get some good eats and enjoy some drinks.