Who are we?
Here at Mira we find our inspiration from the bold flavours of Peru’s culinary culture. Our menu offers a creative and contemporary take on authentic dishes with wide selections of the freshest seafood and meats made into a variety of ceviches, tiraditos and anticuchos.
An excellent candidate will have the willingness to continue learning, great work ethic and team player values. The ability to work on various stations, knife skills, butchery, and maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in the preparation and storage of food following food safety guidelines and the FIFO principles.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining a full knowledge of the menu and its standards of execution and train junior staff when necessary
- Ensure all mise en place is fresh and prepared for the station and report any shortages to the Head Chef or Sous Chef
- Follow recipes, portion control, and presentation standards set out by the Chef de Cuisine
- Prepare and cook foods of all types using various methods to the highest standard
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role at a from-scratch kitchen
- Ability to multi-task, remain cool and keep up in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication experience, both verbal & written
- Excellent organizational skills, with timely delivery of dishes during service
- Flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50lbs
Job Type: Full time/Part time
Salary: $18-$22 / hr
Click apply below or Alternatively:
Please email your resumes directly to Meaghan Foster
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment: MIRA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. MIRA encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A PERUVIAN-INSPIRED KITCHEN
Mira finds its inspiration from the bold flavours of Peru’s culinary culture. The menu offers a creative and contemporary take on authentic dishes with wide selections of the freshest seafood and meats made into a variety of ceviches, tiraditos and anticuchos.
The bar, with its smoky mirrors and dim lights sets the tone for a unique pisco cocktail list that stays true to its Latin American roots while providing familiarity through a classic cocktail lens. A true feast for the senses. Escape to Mira for the evening, tucked away in the heart of Toronto’s King West.