The Unregulated Care Provider is accountable for the provision of support with activities of daily living to residents and performs other transferred functions i.e. medication administration as assigned. This role may also assist with dining service, recreation program support and common area housekeeping and laundry in varying locations.
• Maintains resident records and required documentation in accordance with
policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
• Administers medications as prescribed and observes changes in condition and
reports them to the Director of Wellness.
• Reports incidents / near misses, illness or problems with residents to the
Director of Wellness / General Manager.
• Provides guidance to the Guest Attendants to ensure that care assignments are
completed and that changes in residents needs are reported to the Director of
• Maintains a clean, safe environment for residents utilizing infection control
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Successful completion of Personal Service Worker certificate program.
• Successful completion of Medication Administration training program provided
on site and successful ongoing quarterly evaluation of competencies.
• Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team.
• Current CPR training.
• Previous experience with medication administration an asset. Experience
working with seniors and knowledge of the aging process.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
We’re located on a quiet street directly across from convenient shopping and restaurants. We’re in the heart of Blackburn Hamlet, a unique suburban village in Ottawa. Walk to beautiful parks and green spaces, or enjoy your favourite film on the big screen in our home theatre. Here, you can create your favourite dishes in our craft kitchen, or spend time with the grandkids at the playground right in our backyard. We’re close to major highways, downtown Ottawa, and a short drive from theatres, galleries, restaurants, and attractions. Here, everything is right outside your door and close to the comfort of home.View Company