We are looking for a professional and experienced line cook to join the team at Petty Cash! Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- 1+ years of experience.
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
Petty Cash is a neighbourhood social house on the corner of Portland & Adelaide in the heart of Toronto. Sitting on the border between two of the city’s most vibrant neighbourhoods, Petty Cash offers the best comfort food on King Street packing a ton of flavour! At night, Petty Cash turns into one of the best parties in Toronto, boasting great music, and a fun and friendly staff pouring all your favourite drinks.
With that as our aim, the folks behind Petty Cash remain laser focused on ensuring that our guests receive absolutely exceptional experiences which we know only happens when we remain committed to coaching, mentoring, training and inspiring our people to master their craft as hospitality professionals.
If you are a hospitality professional driven by the need to deliver amazing experiences we want to meet you.