New Hire Wage = $15.96
After Probation Wage = $16.37
Incoming professionals with relevant work experience may be subject to higher wages.
$1.00/hour Premium for Night Shift (22:00-06:00)
Must be legally allowed to work in a casino (19+) and in Canada.
Job Type: Casual/ Relief/ Part-Time/ Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
You love working with the public in a fast-paced, energetic environment in a role with flexible hours and a supportive team. You enjoy sharing your knowledge of products, events, and promotions with guests and can manage multiple tasks and time efficiently. If this is you, we welcome you to apply for the Caf‚ Associate position at Gateway. While you work hard at maintaining our high standards in service excellence, we provide you with an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary at a national company with more than 27 locations throughout Canada.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
What You Bring
- Engage with others and provide a premium guest experience.
- Can juggle multiple tasks and works well under pressure.
- Able to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends.
- Support service team in maintaining a high level of service.
Why Work With Us?
- Experience in the hospitality/food service industry is preferred but not required.
- Cash handling experience using a Point of Sale system (POS) or cashier register.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Knowledge of specialty food and beverage items.
- Positive attitude and energy and an eagerness to learn new skills.
- Flexibility in terms of scheduling and skills.
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy. Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com. Apply Now!
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages! Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.