Posted 8 days ago
Work in a West Coast rainforest! Surround yourself with ancient trees, bridges, canyons, critters, and an incredible, fun team who work together to build an amazing and authentic experience for guests from around the world! At Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, we pride ourselves at delivering a truly unique guest experience unlike any other, inspired by our natural setting. We share our passion about history, the wonder of nature and yummy eats & treats with over 1,000,000 annual guests!
• Do you enjoy creating amazing experiences for guests?
• Do you have excellent communication skills?
• Are you good at multitasking and remaining calm when things get busy?
Is this the experience you’re looking for? If so, read on to find out more about the role…
We recently opened our newest addition to the park – the Cliff House Restaurant! This Westcoast inspired venue overlooks the Canyon Lookout, offering great views of the surrounding rainforest and features a large indoor/ outdoor fireplace.
As the Sous Chef, you will be responsible for the day to day operation of the Cliff House Restaurant kitchen at The Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. The Sous Chef supervises the culinary team members of the kitchen and participates in the training and development of all culinary team members. They supervise the kitchen in compliance with health and safety regulations by ensuring adherence to food safe guidelines.
• At least 3 years of Culinary Management experience,
• Strong knowledge and attention to detail on back of house operation including: staff supervision, inventory controls food and labour cost, and product quality,
• Strong oral communication skills, multilingual is considered an asset,
• Positive attitude and a strong desire to provide experiences Guests are amazed by,
• Graduate of an accredited culinary program is a plus.
• Able to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays, to meet the needs of the business,
• While performing the duties of this position, Team Members are required to be on their feet for extended periods of time,
• Working outdoors in all types of weather
• Occasionally required to lift and carry up to 20lbs,
• Occasionally required to lift and climb a step ladder or step stool.
The Capilano Group comprises retail, hospitality and tourism-based businesses anchored by Capilano Suspension Bridge Park in North Vancouver. The Capilano Group’s portfolio includes Moraine Lake Lodge, Moraine Lake Trading and Cathedral Mountain Lodge in the Canadian Rockies, Stanley Park Pavilion, Stanley’s Park Bar & Grill and Prospect Point Cafe and Gift Shop in Stanley Park, Vancouver and Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, Capilano Trading Post in North Vancouver.
Date Available: August 1st, 2018
Compensation: based on experience + tips
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Jon Stack
Over the past 120 years visitors from all over the world have enjoyed the thrill of stepping onto the swaying cedar planks over Capilano Canyon but it is the spirit of those first intrepid visitors in 1889 that makes Capilano unique and inspires our vision, “to create experiences that people are amazed by”.