Who we are!
GREAT ENTERTAINMENT. GREAT PEOPLE. GREAT INVESTMENT. GREAT CANADIAN.
Since our inception in 1982, Great Canadian has grown to be one of the largest and most dynamic gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. With 25 properties across Ontario, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick, our facilities include over 16,000 slot machines, 575 table games, 71 dining amenities and over 500 hotel rooms. Working closely alongside our crown agency partners, our team of 9,500 strives to offer the very best gaming, entertainment, dining, and hospitality experiences.
Our Vision is to be the leading gaming, entertainment, and hospitality company in our chosen markets by providing superior entertainment value and exceptional experiences.
Our Mission is to provide outstanding experiences to our guests, rewarding opportunities for our team, and superior value to our shareholders.
About this Role:
Get so close to the action you can taste it at Elements Casino Victoria. Start turning the heat up on your career and be a key team member in our new kitchen. Our 2nd Cook is the key ingredient that binds our culinary team. Set in the heart of our kitchen operations, our next 2nd Cook will be responsible for executing menu item production with an emphasis on quality and presentation. They’ll cook up creative culinary fare for guests who want to enjoy our new food & beverage offerings. If working in a passionate and creative environment is for you then read on. It’s All You…
What You’ll Get to DO!
- Prepares, pre-cooks, cooks and presents menu items in a timely fashion; following standardized recipes
- Prepares mis en place (“setting in place” of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery, etc.) and other products as required for high volume production
- Assists 3rd Cooks with product receipts, breakdown, storage and rotation
- Cleans culinary equipment after use and/or remove soiled equipment to the dish pit
- Assists with month end inventories as directed
- Attends monthly culinary meetings
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders (guests, ownership and employees)
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
What you’ll need to be Successful! (Education and Qualification Requirements)
- High School Diploma
- Dependable and reliable with a demonstrated commitment to service excellence
- Understanding of yourself and others when communicating with team members and guests
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, highly motivated and creative
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Food Safe Level 1 Certification
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, and statutory holidays
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to delight your guests and clients!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top organizations around the world
- Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
The only thing we don’t play games with….is your career!
The Great Canadian Gaming Corporation committed to promoting an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to employing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in Great Canadian Entertainment!
It’s hard to beat the excitement of the casino gaming floor – the riffling of chips, the flicking of cards, and the sound of slots. Elements Casino offers everything from watching the game, to a live show, to a chance at a big jackpot. The next thrill is just around the cornerView Company