Line Cook - MRG Hospitality
In operation since 2008 with the reopening of the historic Vogue Theatre in Vancouver, Canada, The MRG Group has grown into one of the leading entertainment and hospitality companies in Canada. Owning and operating a total of 14 properties across the country, MRG’s hospitality venues include Yale Saloon and Dublin Calling on Granville Street. MRG’s mission is to create positive shareable experiences for all who come in contact with the venues and events. With offices in Toronto, New York, Miami, Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, and Winnipeg, MRG LIVE is currently the largest independent concert promoter in Canada.
We are looking for a passionate Line Cook to join our Hospitality Team in Vancouver.
- Prepare food to Chef’s specifications
- Ensure that orders come out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Practice FIFO
- Set up and stock stations
- Prepare food for service
- Keep all areas clean and organized at all times
- Ensure stock level of food and supplies
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Effectively communicate within the team and offer support as their needs may require
- Work well within a team environment.
- Have complete knowledge of food menu as well as specials
- Receive orders from vendors as they arrive, ensuring quality and quantity is per request before signing off
- Clean their station to a high standard and assist others
- Always prepared with pen, marker, temperature gauge, tasting spoon and note pad
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Must take pride in their work and work environment
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds
- Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits
Direct Report: Executive Chef
Compensation: Competitive Wage
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Food is at the core of the Yale Saloon, known for the best BBQ and Southern comfort cookin’ in town! With one of the largest in-house smokers in the city, Executive Chef Amanda Rehel specializes in slow-smoked meats (pulled pork, brisket, ribs, sausage) with homemade rubs and sauces + all the fixings (coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans & jalapeno cornbread to name a few)! Other fresh fare is available for those looking for something lighter, with the likes of pork tacos, seasonal salads and sandwiches.
Whether you’re looking for a restaurant, bar, live music venue or night out- we’ve gotcha covered!