Flores & Pine is an upscale but approachable destination, drawing on the heritage of our rural location to offer a sophisticated yet comfortable dining experience. We believe that food and excellent service are at the forefront of every good gathering. As an elevated casual restaurant and cocktail space, Flores & Pine is NW Calgary's favourite location for a perfectly grilled steak, a ladies' night out or a special spot for a milestone event. Guests can expect to be serviced by a team that treats customers like guests in their own home.
As a Line Cook at Flores & Pine you will cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also, perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Activities & Responsibilities
A bit about this role:
- must have own transportation (city transit does not reach us)
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with Flores & Pine's service and brand standards
- Strictly follow COVID-19 related processes and procedures.
- Inspect and clean, and maintain food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, fryers, roasters, and other kitchen equipment.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant’s standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality of products served.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to support a smooth service period.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all food products and supplies according to restaurant policies and procedures.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and serve food to servers or guests.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Closes the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen stations and assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Other duties as required
Expected start date: 2021-06-16
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$20.00 per hour plus tips