Posted 2 months ago
We’re looking for Culinary Coaches to join the team at Townhall Public House, South Surrey!
Be a part of one of the fastest growing hospitality companies in British Columbia as recognized by Business in Vancouver. We are looking for energetic people with relevant experience to add to our team. While our exciting growth plan will create unlimited opportunity, you will be the one controlling your hospitality journey. We encourage you to be your best self and we believe our establishments are only as good as our devoted team. We look to promote and inspire individuals to maximize their potential. As such, our Sous Chef training program is designed to create the next wave of corporate chefs, through monthly seminars and on-site training.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Sous Chef, Chef and General Manager, the Culinary Coach (Assistant Sous Chef) is responsible to cover all Sous Chef responsibilities in their absence. Working closely with the Sous Chef, Chef and front of house management team to ensure smooth service while maintaining a clean, safe, and profitable environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Execute kitchen and food preparation
– Assist with product orders
– Maintain high level food quality and presentation
– Hold brief professional development review with each store level team member daily
– Complete a weekly profit review
– Attend store level management meeting
– Attend regional chef meeting
– Monthly review & check-in with direct report
– Complete a sequential 90-day plan
– Review secret shop reports
– Inspire a professional culinary culture
– Minimum 1-year experience in the restaurant/culinary industry
– Strong communication skills
– Ability to multitask under pressure
– Strong organizational skills
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business including nights and weekends
– Ability to lift 50 lbs (25 kg)
– Energetic team player with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
– Food Safe Level 1 Certification
– Occupational Health & Safety Level 1
– Competitive within the industry
The Joseph Richard Group is a collection of unique hospitality ventures owned by André “Joseph” Bourque and Ryan “Richard” Moreno. Our team operates 25 establishments together, constantly fine-tuning our concepts according to the needs of our guests. What sets us apart is our dedication to the Guest Experience; an unwavering commitment to exceptional service, top quality offerings, and a team of like-minded people.
Creating memorable experiences for all guests through the best people, product, service, and environments.
At Townhall Public House, we pair a comfortable atmosphere and exceptional service with really, really good grub. Let us be your stomping ground, your escape route, your safe haven, your happy place. Stop by to watch the game or join us for a drink (fyi, we’ve got more than a dozen beers on tap and 25 craft brews to choose from). We have a hunch that you’ll be enticed to stay and sample one of our classic pub offerings, all prepared from fresh, high-quality ingredients.
More than just a pub, we care about the people in our community. That’s why we fundraise for schools and charities, strive to support local neighbourhood food producers and keep our communities out of harm’s way by participating in local safety initiatives. Let us be your stomping ground, your escape route, your safe haven, your happy place. And in return, we’ll offer you a night you’ll remember long after the sun comes up. With our cozy ambiance, top quality fare and cheerful grins, we know you’ll be able to kick back and unwind, as if you were lounging in your own living room. Just keep your pants on, ok?