Posted 8 days ago
Named one of Canada’s best new restaurants by Enroute and Calgary’s best new by Avenue magazine, Donna Mac is looking for a head chef.
Roughly “Canadian” cuisine, we require a Chef that can drive an exciting, changing menu. We use local producers and focus on resourceful sourcing of ingredients. Our dishes focus on simplicity and approachability. We are open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner, with a weekend brunch.
Desirable candidates have lead a team of 5 or more chef de partie and sous chefs and has strength in mentorship, training and development.
The ideal candidate is looking for a permanent, long term position.
Compensation: 50-60k (depending on experience), 2 weeks holiday pay, cellphone allowance, medical and dental benefits
Skills, attributes and experience:
• Ability to effectively recruit, hire, train and mentor BOH staff
• Experience in costing and menu planning
• Demonstrates an understanding of P&L statements, vendor budgeting and COGS
• Ability to write a cost effect schedule
• Self motivated with strong leadership skills
• Strong communication
• Demonstrates a positive outlook and leads the team by example
• Ability to run an organized, efficient kitchen
• Can multi task business priorities and complete tasks in a timely manner
• An understanding of kitchen equipment maintenance
• 2 years in a comparable chef or sous chef position
Donna Mac is an equal opportunity employer that doesn’t tolerate harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination, tyranny or verbal abuse in the workplace
Date Available: May 1st, 2019
Contact Name: Amy Turner
Donna Mac is the product of 4 restaurant industry veterans who decided they wanted a restaurant where they could do whatever they wanted. A neighbourhood spot that you could come in yoga pants or a suit and feel equally comfortable. A place with great food that didn’t break the bank. A place that had an everchanging menu of classic comfort favourites and new food adventures. Zero Pretention. Zero Ego. A go to place for the neighbourhood. They called it neighbourhood cuisine.