Posted 28 days ago
We’re looking for a Sous Chef and Culinary Coaches to join the team at Edith + Arthur!
Be a part of one of the fastest growing hospitality companies in British Columbia as recognized by Business in Vancouver. We are looking for energetic people with relevant experience to add to our team. While our exciting growth plan will create unlimited opportunity, you will be the one controlling your hospitality journey. We encourage you to be your best self and we believe our establishments are only as good as our devoted staff. We look to promote and inspire individuals to maximize their potential. As such, our Sous Chef training program is designed to create the next wave of corporate chefs, through monthly seminars and on-site training.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Chef and General Manager, the Sous Chef is responsible for all day to day culinary operations in the kitchen. Working closely with the Chef and front of house management team to ensure smooth service while maintaining a clean, safe, and profitable environment.
– Maintain high level food quality and presentation
– Hold brief professional development review with each store level team member daily
– Bi- weekly environmental audit
– Complete a weekly profit review
– Attend store level management meeting
– Attend regional chef meeting
– Monthly review & check-in with direct report
– Complete a sequential 90-day plan
– Review secret shop reports
– Work in partnership with General Manager on promotional initiatives to increase revenue
– Inspire a professional culinary culture
– Minimum 1-year experience in the restaurant/culinary industry
– Strong communication skills
– Ability to multitask under pressure
– Strong organizational skills
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business including evenings and weekends
– Energetic team player with a positive can-do attitude
– Food Safe Level 1 Certification
– Occupational Health & Safety Level 1
– Competitive within the industry
– Medical and dental benefits for eligible employees
The Joseph Richard Group is a collection of unique hospitality ventures owned by André “Joseph” Bourque and Ryan “Richard” Moreno. Our team operates 25 establishments together, constantly fine-tuning our concepts according to the needs of our guests. What sets us apart is our dedication to the Guest Experience; an unwavering commitment to exceptional service, top quality offerings, and a team of like-minded people.
Creating memorable experiences for all guests through the best people, product, service, and environments.
Date Available: June 20th, 2019
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Marie Wynne
Contact Position: Manager
Community ~ com·mu·ni·ty a social group whose members reside in a specific locality, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage. The Joseph Richard Group is very proud to enter the heritage rich community of Fleetwood. Paying tribute to the late Arthur Thomas Fleetwood, from which his sister Edith had the community named, we are very happy to offer Edith + Arthur Neighbourhood Public House to the Fleetwood community. We’ve kept the iconic exterior chimney and the original interior fireplace and completely remodelled the space to bring a new modern pub experience to the area. With the two founders growing up in the local area, we hope to be a staple in the community for years to come. Welcome Fleetwood… hello neighbours!
Let us be your stomping ground, your escape route, your safe haven, your happy place. Stop by to watch the game or join us for a drink (fyi, we’ve got more than a dozen beers on tap and 25 craft brews to choose from). We have a hunch that you’ll be enticed to stay and sample one of our classic pub offerings, all prepared from fresh, high-quality ingredients.
More than just a pub, we care about the people in our community. That’s why we fundraise for schools and charities, strive to support local neighbourhood food producers and keep our communities out of harm’s way by participating in local safety initiatives. Let us be your stomping ground, your escape route, your safe haven, your happy place. And in return, we’ll offer you a night you’ll remember long after the sun comes up. With our cozy ambiance, top quality fare and cheerful grins, we know you’ll be able to kick back and unwind, as if you were lounging in your own living room. Just keep your pants on, ok?