Posted 25 days ago
Toptable Group is seeking a Restaurant Manager to oversee our front-of-house operations for the newest addition to our restaurant group located in Yaletown. Designed by the internationally renowned and award-winning Rockwell Group in New York, this elegant and modern steakhouse breaks the old-school mold and highlights a vibrant see-and-be-seen destination restaurant. Anchored by an open show kitchen and a Grillworks Infierno as the centre piece, the menu will feature premium cuts of beef, sustainable seafood, and seasonal produce — all locally sourced. The convivial atmosphere flows from the airy dining room sections to the bar and lounge and through to a communal table.
The Restaurant Manager will help inspire, develop, oversee, and manage the front-of-house team, while working closely with the management team to support the creation and delivery of a unique and elevated guest experience that is in harmony with the kitchen’s food program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
- Serves as an educator, as well as an inspirational, committed, and responsible leader to the restaurant’s front-of-house teams
- Assists with overseeing the day-to-day operations of the restaurant
- Maintains exceptional standards of professionalism and hospitality
- Leads by example, inspiring staff to deliver a memorable food and beverage experience
- Displays a genuine passion to facilitate and exceed guest service expectations
- Ensures the delivery of superior customer service through effective staff training and education
- Actively participates in the mentorship and support of all team members
- Develops a strong and positive rapport with both staff and guests alike
- Drives positive results and aligns with business goals
- Under the direction of the Restaurant Director, initiates and executes special projects as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience leading a premium food and beverage operation
- A professionally recognized wine and/or spirits certificate is an asset
- Related university degree or a combination of education and experience
- Highly committed to a premium level of quality
- Skilled at developing and creating food and beverage experiences that drive customer satisfaction and loyalty
- A solutions-provider committed to a vision of service to create an ultimate guest experience
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Superior conflict resolution skills, with the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, clientele, suppliers, and partners
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Comfortable with dealing with media, public speaking, and VIP guests
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to apply. This position will remain open until filled.
Date Available: April 1st, 2019
Compensation: Competitive compensation
Other Positions: Manager, Shift Manager
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Robyn Yates
Contact Position: Talent Acquisition Coordinator
A steakhouse reimagined. Meet Elisa, located in the heart of Vancouver’s Yaletown — a unique and feminine take on the signature steakhouse experience featuring a Grillworks Infierno wood-fired grill.
It’s in this spirit of hospitality that Elisa offers a dining experience unlike any other.