Posted 22 days ago
From Vancouver's most esteemed private and commercial events to intimate dinners and glamorous galas, Hawksworth Restaurant professional catering team delivers a distinguished, stylish and memorable all-around experience for guests.
We are currently seeking an experienced, creative, and driven Catering Sous Chef to join our group of world-class chefs.
Who You Are:
- A natural leader; you thrive in a team environment and are comfortable taking the lead. You are an expert communicator in the kitchen and act as a mentor and training of up-and-coming young chefs
- You thrive in high-volume, fast-paced environments, and like the diversity of cooking in different environments- whether it's a private dining room or outdoor dinner gala
- You're a born chef; you have superior technical and natural cooking abilities; you can produce and create high-quality dishes in keeping with the Hawksworth standards
- Organized and efficient
- A minimum of 2 years of management experience
- The ability to lead the team with solid instruction by setting an example of hard work and attention to detail
- Creativity and a strong interest in new and innovative food trends
- Catering experience is preferred
Nice to Have:
A culinary school diploma is an asset
Among the many perks of working with Hawksworth are the opportunity to receive great instruction from some of the city's best chefs, the ability to be promoted and grow within the company, and extended health benefits to all kitchen employees. Compensation is dependent on experience but does include extended health benefits and gratuities.
Please send your resume and cover letter detailing why you would be a great addition to the Hawksworth team! While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Date Available: March 4th, 2019
Compensation: dependent on experience + tips + extended health benefits
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Human Resources Manager