The John B Pub is in search of its next dynamic leader to take on the role of Sous Chef.
• Passionate about food
• Have an ability to stay calm when the pressure mounts
• Possess strong leadership skills to motivate teams members
• Hard working
If so… you have what it takes to step into an impactful leadership role in one of this city’s busiest gastro pubs and help the executive chef in leading a team of individuals from all backgrounds and levels of experience to deliver high-quality, great tasting food.
The John B Pub is about to turn 40 and is well known throughout the lower mainland for being a leader in the industry. Boasting the largest back bar in BC with over 465 different spirits, one of the most impressive draught selections in the province with 86 different taps and an unrivaled food menu to top it off. We truly have something for everyone including you. Now is your chance to be part of the next 40 years.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILIITIES
• Preparing and cooking a variety of cuisine using skill, creativity and cost effective methods
• Working closely with the executive chef and F&B management team to maintain successful operations
• Responsible for all aspects of culinary operations in the absence of the executive chef
• Training, coaching, and performance management of culinary team on an ongoing basis
• Seek opportunities to increase food revenue, decrease kitchen expenses and maximize departmental productivity
• Staying current with culinary trends that will excite our guests and engage our culinary team
• Developing specials and contributing to menu development
• Ensuring all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
• Ensuring the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
• Ensuring the ongoing practice of safe food handling and preparation techniques
• Performing other duties as assigned or directed
• At least 2 years of experience in a similar position and environment
• Accreditation from a culinary school, Red Seal Certification or equivalent trade paper preferred
• Food Safe Certification
• WHMIS Certification
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word Excel)
• Salary: $48,000 (Annually based on 40 hours per week)
• Extended health benefits (eligible after 3 months of consecutive employment)
If you feel you meet the following criteria reply to this posting to set up a chance to discuss this exciting and fun opportunity.
Date Available: January 7th, 2018
Compensation: $48,000 + Extended Health benefits + Gratuities
Other Positions: Chef, Sous Chef
Requirements: Food Safe Level 1, WHMIS
Contact Name: Maria
Anyone who has stopped by the John B for lunch, to unwind after work, watch the game or make a night of it can tell you, we truly offer something special. Boasting the largest back bar in BC with over 465 different spirits, one of the most impressive draught selections in the province with 86 different taps, live music 4 nights a week featuring the best local bands & DJs, and a unique spin on upscale bar food; we truly have something for everyone.