Posted 3 days ago
The Cambie Malone's Group is looking for a Head Chef to join our management team who will organize and oversee the kitchen's activities at Malone's Social Lounge and Tap house. You will be the first in command in the Back of House department, reporting directly to the Director of Operations to plan, improve and execute business strategies.
Head Chef Responsibilities Include:
• Controlling and directing the food preparation processes and any other relative activities in Malone's Social Lounge and Tap house
• Developing and updating food menus with new existing creations ensuring the variety and quality of different options
• Managing staff scheduling and labor figures
• Managing ordering, wastage, and cost of goods figures
• Hiring and training new staff in the BOH department
• Working closely with the Marketing Department to execute marketing strategies in relation to our food operations
• Working closely with the Human Resources Department to ensure staff recruitment, training and retention strategies are executed as planned
• Working closely with the General Manager to ensure FOH and BOH operations work in harmony
• Foster our current climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
• Proven experience as Head Chef or equivalent role
• Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
• Ability to delegate responsibilities and monitor progress
• Outstanding communication and leadership skills
• Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
• Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
• Credentials in health and safety training
• Degree in Culinary science or related certificate is an asset
Why work with us:
• You will get to work with a team of motivated professionals from different departments within the group, to reach a common goal. Your targets and goals will be clearly laid out to you before each financial period.
• We promote a work-life balance philosophy, what that means is you will get to enjoy work as much as you will enjoy your personal time.
• Our management team is always encouraged to develop and grow within their department. We will support your career growth and development whenever appropriate.
• A large group of hospitality locations means plenty of career advancements and new roles are available to the right candidate.
• In addition, you will be supported by our Marketing, Human Resources, Operations and Maintenance teams so you can focus on achieving excellence in the kitchen operations.
Malone's Social Lounge and Taphouse was established in 1998. We take pride in offering one of the biggest, best and freshest craft beer selections in Vancouver and indeed Canada. With our in-house Cicerone, we are on the pulse of what's new, delicious and trending. Our 38 taps are cleaned regularly to keep the standard of beer at its highest quality and it lets our guests taste the beer how it's supposed to be tasted.
Alongside our craft beer, we serve the best pub fare that's designed, we offer a delicious food menu that complements our ice cold craft beer.
Learn more about us:
Date Available: September 16th, 2019
Compensation: Upon Experience
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: HR Manager
Malone’s Social Lounge and Taphouse was established in 1998. We take pride in offering one of the biggest, best and freshest craft beer selections in Vancouver and indeed Canada. With our in-house Cicerone, we are on the pulse of what’s new, delicious and trending. Our 38 taps are cleaned regularly to keep the standard of beer at its highest quality and it lets our guests taste the beer how it’s supposed to be tasted.
Alongside our craft beer, we serve the best pub fare that’s designed and overseen by our head chef, Jakub Demeter. Chef Demeter puts his unique touch on typical pub fare that complements our ice cold craft beer.