Posted 12 days ago
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working individual to work with us. An individual who possess time management skills and a passion for creating delicious dishes that will satisfy our guests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing kitchen checklist for kitchen station. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- Minimum 2 years experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- 6 months experience in similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for up to 9 hours
Date Available: August 12th, 2019
Compensation: To Be Determined
Requirements: Food Safe Level 1, Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Priyank Shah
Contact Position: Assistant General Manager
Located in the heart of the Historic Distillery District, Mill Street Brew Pub operates out of the Mill Street Brewery.
Mill Street Brewery was East Toronto's first commercial micro-brewery to open in more than 100 years! Our on-site brewery still produces a great number of our small batch seasonals, so come down for the full brewery experience by taking a seat right next to the brewing action.
Be sure to visit our onsite retail store or take one of our daily tours. Those coming for dinner are in for a treat - the menu features items like Montreal Smoked Meat Poutine, Chicken Tacos, Fish & Chips and Shepherds Lamb & Lager Pie. Be sure to visit us this summer to enjoy an afternoon on our patio in the heart of the Distillery District.
Group bookings and private parties are also welcomed at the Mill Street Brew Pub. We also offer delivery. Our driver leaves every hour on the hour. Orders can be placed until quarter to every hour. We will deliver everything from 6-packs to kegs. Delivery available for the area between Mill Street to Lakeshore and Parliament Street to Cherry Street.