Posted 14 days ago
Don Alfonso 1890 is the first North American location of world renown Michelin Star Chef Ernesto Iaccarino of Don Alfonso 1890, Campania, Italy . Our Toronto location was created in partnership with hospitality icon Nick Di Donato of the Liberty Entertainment Group.
Don Alfonso is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team as a Restaurant Manager.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Coordinating the operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts
- Leading the FOH and BOH team with responsibility for scheduling, recruitment, orientation, training, communications and performance management
- Responding efficiently and accurately to restaurant customer complaints
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Preparing cash floats and cashing out servers and bartenders
- Ordering and managing alcoholic beverages in the restaurant
- Complete any other job related tasks assigned by the management
Requirements & Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of restaurant managerial experience
- Previous experience in an Italian Michelin restaurant an asset
- Good wine knowledge is mandatory
- Strong customer service background and communication skills
- Ability to train and delegate
- Ability to work flexible hours, days, nights and holidays
- Must be able to work legally in Canada
Don Alfonso 1890 is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment, recruitment and selection process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Date Available: September 8th, 2019
Compensation: This will be determined based on level of experience
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Paul Cowlishaw
Contact Position: General Manager
Created in partnership with hospitality icon Nick Di Donato of the Liberty Entertainment Group, Don Alfonso 1890 Toronto is the first North American location of world renowned Michelin Star Chefs Alfonso and Ernesto Iaccarino’s Don Alfonso 1890. It is located in the historic Consumer’s Gas Building of 1852 on Toronto Street; in the heart of the Financial District in downtown Toronto.
Showcasing the incredible cuisine of Chef Ernesto Iaccarino and the wonderful fresh flavors of the Amalfi coast, Don Alfonso 1890 is an internationally recognized award-winning concept with locations in Sant’Agata, Amalfi Coast, Italy; Levello, Basilicata, Italy; Helena Bay, New Zealand; Macau, China and now Toronto. Don Alfonso 1890’s cuisine is characterized by its modernity, Mediterranean flare and the exceptional quality of the raw materials used.
The space is designed to evoke a sense of elegance and sophistication and acts as a canvas for the food it presents. Every detail, every piece of furniture has been crafted from finest materials, many of which were imported directly from Italy. The centerpiece of the dining room is “Crane” by renowned artist Philippe Pasqua. The one of a kind piece offers a unique juxtaposition to the elegance of its surroundings with a contemporary conversation piece. The interior walls at Don Alfonso 1890 are made complete with two original works by Toronto born artist, Daniel Mazzone.