Posted 14 days ago
MRG Group is looking for a Line Cook who is passionate about cooking and can provide our guests with a consistent level of quality food and experience. Effective communication with the team both inside and outside of the kitchen is vitally important to keeping the kitchen running smoothly. An attention to detail is also needed to ensure every dish going out meets the standards set by the executive chef.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare food to chef’s specifications
- Ensure that orders come out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Practice FIFO
- Set up and stock stations
- Prepare food for service
- Keep all areas clean and organized at all times
- Ensure stock level of food and supplies
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Effectively communicate within the team and offer support as their needs may require
- Work well within a team environment
- Have complete knowledge of food menu as well as specials
- Receive orders from vendors as they arrive, ensuring quality and quantity is per request before signing off
- Clean their station to a high standard and assist others
- Always prepared with pen, marker, temperature gauge, tasting spoon and note pad
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Must take pride in their work and work environment
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds
- Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits
Reports to: Executive Chef, Sous Chef
Date Available: September 3rd, 2019
Compensation: Competitive Wage
Contact Name: Aditya Alekar
In operation since 2008, with the reopening of the historic Vogue Theatre in Vancouver BC, The MRG Group has grown into one of the leading hospitality and entertainment companies in Canada. Owning a total of 7 properties across the country, our preeminent venues include: the Vogue Theatre, Yale Saloon and Biltmore Cabaret in the West, along with the Rock ‘n’ Horse Saloon, The Porch, Dublin Calling and Adelaide Hall in the East.
Extending beyond the ‘in venue’ experience, MRG Concerts was developed as an amplification of the entertainment branch and has established itself as an industry leading music promotion company. Our latest company initiative MRG Events, was introduced at the beginning of 2017 as an advancement in creating memorable events on a greater scale and kicked off the year with ski themed push Après-ski selling out in a matter of days.
Founder and President Matthew Gibbons, whose unwavering passion to produce incredible experiences, has ensured a committed emphasis on the MRG Experience. This concept remains deeply rooted in everything we do and is the foundation our group has been built upon.
Our core values and appreciation for quality entertainment come together in providing unpretentious fun for all, which is reflected when walking into any one of our venues or events. Driven by excellence, we pride ourselves on creating and facilitating the experiences that you will remember and share forever.