Posted 15 days ago
As the assistant leader of this department, you will be responsible and accountable for looking after all details of events scheduled by our Event Coordinators and Banquet Manager that are scheduled for our banquet rooms and any off-site events. This person will assist to plan, organize, direct and coordinate the serving staff and resources for the efficient, well-prepared and profitable service of food and beverage while providing an exceptional guest experience. You will work with the Banquet Manager, Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Event Coordinators, Banquet Captains, Restaurant Manager and the Food & Beverage Manager to ensure the implementation of the highest guest service and food quality standards. Reports directly to the Banquet Manager and Banquet Coordinators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for training and development of the serving staff and Banquet Captains.
• To be the initial contact with the Event Coordinators, Executive Chef and Sous Chef to ensure all event details for the function are correct and staff is informed of such details at the time of the event
• Ensure an exceptional guest experience and handle concerns in a professional and courteous manner. Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service with the Event Coordinators.
• Maintain a safe, secure, healthy and clean environment
• Comply with all Health & Safety Regulations and Liquor Laws.
• Ensure opening and closing procedures and nightly cash outs and reports are complete and accurate.
• Monitor food & beverage quality and ensuring high quality service and products are delivered for the enjoyment of our guests.
• Previous food & beverage supervisory experience
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Extremely organized and detail oriented.
• Professional business attire at all times.
• Experience in organizing and scheduling staff.
• Strong problem solving and conflict management skills.
• Knowledge of bar/restaurant operations and inventories.
• Willing to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Strong computer skills (Squirrel Systems, Microsoft Office).
• Product knowledge of wines, spirits and beer.
• Starting salary to be negotiated, with potential for annual bonuses & incentives
• Extended health and dental benefits
• Other staff benefits and privileges
Date Available: August 9th, 2019
Compensation: Competitive, depends on experience
Requirements: Serve it Right, Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Brandi-Lyn Chapman
Contact Position: F&B Manager