Posted 18 days ago
Stone Creek Resorts is a friendly family company with a vision to the future. There are job opportunities at all levels for passionate people with a positive attitude who are committed to giving service beyond to our guests. In order for us to provide an outstanding customer experience, first we must offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities at either one of our iconic destination resorts or within our corporate office. Our teams are guided by values of Caring, Integrity, Excellence, Responsibility and Team Spirit; we strive to always treat our employees with the highest ethical standards.
The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager at Silvertip Resort will be responsible for supporting the Silvertip Resort leadership team in creating a supportive, positive and engaging team environment. Daily accountabilities will be focused on our Service Beyond Culture and guest experience. Operationally, you will be organizing the daily service for all Food and Beverage operations (Stoney’s Bar and Grill, Rustica Restaurant, Banquets and Concessions). Leading a team of dedicated colleagues, you will ensure Silvertip Resort continues to create memorable experiences for our guests. As a leader at Silvertip Resort you will be responsible for maintaining a safe work environment for all our guests and colleagues.
Great Staff Benefits:
• Staff Accommodation available
• Discounted: golf privileges, staff meals, restaurant meals, golf shop purchases
• Company benefits may be available after 3 months
• A team-oriented individual who strives to create a memorable guest experience.
• An individual who maintains high standards and thrives off accomplishing tasks and achieving goals.
• An active listener who has a positive and responsive personality.
• Is an independent leader that can make quick decisions in a high volume environment.
• An individual that has the belief that all workplace injuries are preventable and will maintain a healthy and safe environment.
• A leader who is able to uphold our Mission, Vision and Values and our resort culture within your team.
• Greet any guests you come across with a smile.
• Keep all equipment and work areas clean and safe and in proper working order at all times.
• Knowledge of the composition of all menu items, including items available at the bar.
• Develop, update and maintain all food and beverage training programs.
• Ensure employees are proactively serving and selling items on the beverage menu.
• Ensure food and beverage are served in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
• Listen to customer feedback and ensure that the guests leave satisfied.
• Monitor daily guest service and special dietary requirements.
• Ensure daily cash outs and inventory are completed properly.
• Complete colleague interviews and onboarding procedures as laid out by Human Resources.
• Teach employees proper equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
• Monitor and coach employees to Silvertip Resort standards.
• With the Food & Beverage Manager handle employee discipline as required.
• Create work assignments and daily tasks at the end of each workday to be implemented the following morning.
• Assist in completing all daily reports as needed.
• Create weekly schedules for employees to be approved by the Food & Beverage Manager.
• Liaison between the Kitchen and Restaurants, Events, Wedding and Golf Coordinators.
• Communicate with the Food & Beverage Manager on a daily basis.
• Assist the Outlet and Banquet Manager when necessary.
• Manage event storage areas and linen inventories.
• Develop, monitor and ensure completion of all opening and closing procedures in Restaurant, Concession and Banquet Areas.
• Report any damage of property to the Building Maintenance Manager.
• Ensure all employees are working within the Occupational Health and Safety guidelines.
• Take part in any fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarization with all exits, including those normally used by guests, as well as fire escapes.
• Be continually aware of and maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
• Attend meetings and training courses as required.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Must be 18 years of age
• High school diploma or GED required
• Minimum 4 years food and beverage experience
• Previous banquet supervision experience required
• Previous bartending experience is required
• Completion of a hospitality degree is considered an asset
• ProServe Certificate or equivalent
• Wine knowledge required
• First Aid Certificate
• Knowledge of food and beverage POS system is required
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Professional appearance and manners
• Ability to work flexible hours, including early mornings and late evenings
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and tablets and peripherals
• Fast paced environment
• Able to stand for extended periods of time
• Overtime as required
• Lifting or moving up to 25lbs
Are you looking for an opportunity to work at one of Canada’s premier resorts where you can get experience as well have an experience? We are looking to add to our team of passionate staff who work together to make Silvertip Resort an amazing place to live, work and enjoy the outdoors. With our positive culture we work together to create a memorable experience for our guests and employees. Silvertip Resort has breathtaking views throughout the 18-hole golf course as well as spectacular views of the mountains from the Clubhouse and patio. Silvertip Resort is in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, only 5 minutes from the Banff Park gates and is an international destination which allows for a one of a kind working experience in this unique mountain tourist town.