Posted 1 month ago
Assists with supervising Food and Beverage (F&B)/culinary daily operations, and monitors compliance with all F&B policies, standards, and procedures. . Assists in the ordering of F&B supplies, cleaning supplies, and uniforms. Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met. Manages day-to-day operations, monitors quality, and standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis. Maintains the operating budget, and verifies that standards and legal obligations are followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Assists in the ordering of Food and Beverage (F&B) supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
• Assists with uupervising daily F&B/culinary shift operations and monitors compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
• Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
• Maintains the operating budget, and verifies that standards and legal obligations are followed.
• Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify understanding.
• Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (e.g.,General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Stays readily available/approachable for all team members.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations, monitors quality, and standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Stays readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Performs hourly job function if necessary.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress report.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Stimulate your sense of adventure and discovery at The Westin Edmonton. Sitting in the capital city of Alberta, Canada, our modern downtown Edmonton hotel connects you with the thrilling Arts District and surrounding restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Expand your expectations for comfort in 416 guest rooms and suites, each boasting breathtaking skyline views. Rejuvenation takes many forms at this Edmonton, Canada, hotel—including delicious meals at Share Restaurant, holistic spa treatments, workouts in our fitness center or laps in our heated indoor pool. Business travelers will appreciate our high-speed internet access, in-room, ergonomic work stations and full-service business center. For meetings, special events and weddings, we showcase 11 venues with 15 combinations and over 25,000 square feet of space. Plus, the Edmonton Convention Centre is just outside, and the Edmonton EXPO Centre is 10 minutes away. Make The Westin Edmonton your stellar introduction to the Gateway to Canada’s North.