Posted 13 days ago
Handles customer inquires and acts as the on-property liaison for group sales within the pre-defined peak room parameters for Property Sales. Contracts and closes group business in addition to conducting site inspections. Verifies business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• Large group sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Handles customer inquiries and acts as the on-property liaison for group sales within the pre-defined peak room parameters for Property sales.
• Achieves group revenue goals by responding to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property that are within the pre-defined peak room parameters.
• Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity.
• Partners with the sales team to identify new group/catering business and achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Acts as the on-property liaison for group events over the Group Sales peak room parameters of the Sales Office.
• Develops group sales revenue and operation budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
• Works with the management team to create and implement a group sales/marketing plan addressing revenue, customers, and market.
• Assists with selling, implementation, and follow-through of group sales promotions.
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, and overall satisfaction.
• Provides accurate, complete, and effective turnover to Event Management.
• Executes and supports Marriott's Customer Service Standards and hotel's Brand Standards.
• Conducts site inspections, as required.
• Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control hotel occupancy.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand
• Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops relationship with existing and new customers to enable future bookings through sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
• Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer's expectations.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and verifying their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the property's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during, the program/event.
Strong business acumen and a strong understanding of the Corporate Group, Government Group, and Business Travel segments
Ability to solicit, prospect, uncover and secure new opportunities within the core segments for the property. This includes the ability to further develop relationships with key stakeholders in the market.
Effectively manage time in order to further grow and develop our share of Business Travel volumes in the calendar year while achieving established goals in all segments
Notification to Applicants: The Westin Edmonton takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or emailand a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
Stimulate your sense of adventure and discovery at The Westin Edmonton. Sitting in the capital city of Alberta, Canada, our modern downtown Edmonton hotel connects you with the thrilling Arts District and surrounding restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Expand your expectations for comfort in 416 guest rooms and suites, each boasting breathtaking skyline views. Rejuvenation takes many forms at this Edmonton, Canada, hotel—including delicious meals at Share Restaurant, holistic spa treatments, workouts in our fitness center or laps in our heated indoor pool. Business travelers will appreciate our high-speed internet access, in-room, ergonomic work stations and full-service business center. For meetings, special events and weddings, we showcase 11 venues with 15 combinations and over 25,000 square feet of space. Plus, the Edmonton Convention Centre is just outside, and the Edmonton EXPO Centre is 10 minutes away. Make The Westin Edmonton your stellar introduction to the Gateway to Canada’s North.