Posted 29 days ago
The team behind Sunny’s Chinese is proud to be opening their partner restaurant, MIMI Chinese. Located on the outskirts of Yorkville in midtown Toronto, MIMI’s story begins with nostalgic memories. Deep shades of red and penny filled Koi ponds. The rush of expert servers moving theatrically through the room in starched white dress shirts and pressed black bow ties. The clanking of cutlery coupled with cocktails being shaken vigorously in the background and the scent of fragrant Sichuan peppercorn toasting in the wok. Our restaurant experience aims to pay homage to the rich and deeply rooted history of Chinese food and beverage culture.
We hope to offer a place that brings back a taste of the past for those that had the joy of sharing these special experiences in the same way we did. And a place to form new memories to one day look back on with the same nostalgic magic we hold so dearly in our hearts.
MIMI’s driving force is to have people leave our restaurant as excited about Chinese food culture as we are. We hope to get there through our regionally focused menu alongside our top quality service, and premium beverage program.
What You'll Do
- Removing used plates, glasses, cutlery and napkins from tables after clients are done dining
- Wiping up water spills, food stains and dirt from tables
- Straightening out the tablecloth or replacing stained ones; replacing cutlery and glassware in anticipation of new diners
- Refilling paper napkins, salt and pepper shakers and any other depleted condiments on the dining table
- Refilling drinking glasses with water
- Bringing out meal orders if waitstaff are busy
- Handling cleaning of the dining area at the close of day
What You'll Need
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- In-depth knowledge of food sanitation and safety policies
- Strong attention to detail
- High energy levels
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent verbal communication
- Authorization to work in Canada
- An interest in learning about regional Chinese food and beverage
Experience is preferred, but most of all it is important that you are aligned with our core philosophy that hospitality is as much about the guest experience as it is about the employee experience. As an opening member of our team, you will be taking on the role of a cultural founder for our newly formed hospitality group. We expect that you will be as kind and communicative with your peers as you are with the guests that walk in our door.
We look forward to hearing from you!