Posted 26 days ago
We all strive to make a positive Impact for ourselves every day. At our core, everyone also wishes to make a positive Impact in our community. At IMPACT KITCHEN, we believe in it so much, that those very words are part of our core values. We are always looking for enthusiastic, energetic people to join our Kitchen Leadership team! Though we are not a ‘full service’ restaurant, we need people who can excel in teamwork, customer service, multi tasking, and believing in and/or living our core values. We believe that both constant personal and professional growth are vital to the success of an individual’s development. At Impact, we provide and encourage all of our employees with both opportunities and support. We look forward to adding your energy to our leadership team and helping us make a positive IMPACT everyday!
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Role of the Lead Cook, or Back of House Manager on Duty (BOH MOD), is to ensure all aspects of kitchen service run according to Impact Kitchen standards. This includes managing and overseeing the Dishwashers, Line Cooks, and Garde Manger staff while working alongside the team to deliver excellent final products through an engaged and motivated team.
Reports to: Assistant Kitchen Manager
- Able to execute all BOH hourly positions in order to support or perform when needed
- Lead by example & be an ambassador of the brand, standards, dress code, and operating practices
- Set the tone and lead the staff shift huddles while regularly communicating with the BOH team
- Guest relations and food quality control; handle any concerns or comments with timely follow-up. Ensure proper communication and handover to senior management as needed.
- Ensure all kitchen opens and closes are completed according to Impact Kitchen protocol; contribute to daily reports, manager checklists and log books by highlighting information pertaining to service
- Be aware of everything in the kitchen; Address cleanliness issues, safety issues, repairs and maintenance as needed
- Delegate checklist items and manage labour based on business volume.
- Ensure the highest standards of food quality as set in place by Impact Kitchen
- Regular communication and support of kitchen team; facilitating break times of BOH team
- Employee relations; handle internal concerns, provide coaching, and disciplinary requirements as required and handover to senior management as needed
- Understanding of WSIB, Crisis management procedures and incident reporting
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years kitchen experience
- Strong understanding of food safety and public health practices
- Ability to execute and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask when required
- Ability to communicate effectively, respectfully and work well with others in a team based setting
- Ability to lead in the points mentioned above
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
- Availability to work days, evenings, and weekends as business demands
- Food Handlers is an asset but not required
WHY WORK AT IMPACT?
- Grow with us! As Impact grows there will be new leadership opportunities, including salaried positions. We will always look to promote from within, providing mentorship and development along the way.
#TEAMIMPACT Calling all team players! We value all of our employees and recognize that we can accomplish so more when we work together.
- Mission & Values Impact kitchen provides meaningful employment, from our nutritionally based menu and food philosophy, to our values that guide all aspects of the business
- Vegan & Paleo - opportunity to learn more about these diets & nutrition in general
Team Perks include:
- Tips shared equally between all hourly employees (BOH & FOH)
- 50% Discount on Impact brand purchases
- Free Impact staff events
- Free meal for each day of on-site work
Other Positions: Quick Service Cook, Shift Manager
Impact Kitchen was founded on the belief that food has the power to shape our daily lives. That real, wholesome ingredients, prepared simply and with integrity, can provide us with the energy to take on the day with ambition and optimism. Our flagship restaurant is located in the Corktown neighbourhood in the east end of Toronto, and we now have locations in the West End and Summerhill.