Posted 14 days ago
Position: Junior Sous Chef
Location: Batch, 75 Victoria St, Toronto, ON M5C 2B1
BATCH is a warm gathering place for good food, cold beer, and friendly people. Everything we serve has been carefully curated and crafted by hand because that’s the way we do it back home. BATCH is part of the ICONINK portfolio, a full-service international hospitality and lifestyle brand which takes inspiration from global cuisine and culture.
BATCH is currently hiring a JUNIOR SOUS CHEF to join our culinary team!
The JUNIOR SOUS CHEF will be responsible for overseeing and supervising food production. The JUNIOR SOUS CHEF plays a key role in supporting the restaurants vision for high quality food and ensures that it is produced and delivered, in a professional, safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the food production area
• Conduct and order food inventories as required
• Inspect deliveries, ensuring quality is to satisfaction
• Ensure production area is clean, organized and ‘”inspection” ready
• Provide effective leadership and direction - motivate and coach prep team
• Carry out on-going training to the high standards set by the Chef De Cuisine
• Understand and abide by the Health & Safety standards
• Follow all safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures; accountable for the cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment and stations
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 1-2 years experience in similar role
• Excellent attention to detail with a creative flair
• Solid organizational and time management skills
• Ability to set production schedules and timelines to ensure sufficient par levels for service
• Must be energetic with a passion for food and a positive outlook
• Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
• Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism (i.e. punctuality, commitment to the job, well-groomed, mannerly, great team work etc.)
• Long periods of standing and walking is required
• Repetitive use of hands, dexterity, bending down
WHY WORK FOR US
• Competitive wages
• Medical/dental group benefits
• Great perks (Discounts to all ICONINK restaurants, discounted gym membership, etc.)
• Fun team and culture
• Training and development
• Professional growth opportunities
ICONINK recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.
In the little town of Creemore, we’ve spent a lot of time honing our signature beers — driven by our dedication to big taste and the time-honoured tradition of European brewing.
Since 1987 we’ve fire-brewed our beer in small batches in an authentic copper kettle, using pure spring water sourced just around the corner from a natural artesian well.
From this small-town craft-brewing heritage came an enthusiastic commitment to local food and makers.
BATCH is a warm gathering place for good food, cold beer, and friendly people, in the heart of the city. Everything we serve has been carefully curated and crafted by hand because that’s the way we do it back home.