Posted 28 days ago
Position: Sous Chef
Type: Full Time
Location: Byblos Uptown, 2537 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4P 2H9
Byblos brings the exciting flavours of the Eastern Mediterranean to diners in a progressively designed space. The Executive Chef has created dishes that showcase the regionally-specific spices and flavours of the Eastern Mediterranean seaboard. The restaurant is open for dinner and on weekends. Byblos is part of the ICONINK portfolio, a full service international hospitality and lifestyle brand which takes inspiration from global cuisine and culture.
Reporting to the Chef de Cuisine, the Sous Chef plays a key role in supporting the restaurant vision for high quality food and ensuring that it is delivered, with a hands-on approach where required, in a professional, safe and efficient manner. The Sous Chef supports all key areas of the company’s food service and contributes to the guest’s overall experience by creating a delicious and memorable meal.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production area
• Conduct and order inventories as required on food and beverage supplies
• Inspect deliveries, ensuring quality is to satisfaction
• Responsible for understanding the business operations inside the restaurant
• Motivate and coach kitchen staff
• Carry out on-going training to the high standards set by the Chef De Cuisine
• Monitor working hours and daily labour budget for kitchen staff
• Understand and abide by the Health & Safety standards
• Follow all safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures; accountable for the cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment and stations
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum two years of experience in a similar role
· Completion of culinary program considered an asset
· Food Handling and Health & Safety training considered an asset
· Excellent attention to detail with a creative flair
· Ability to work weekends, holidays, mornings, and nights
· Must be energetic with a passion for food and a positive outlook
· Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
· Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism (i.e. punctuality, commitment to the job, well groomed, great teamwork, etc.)
· Ability to bend, stand for long periods of time, and lift heavy materials with repetitive use of hands and dexterity involved
WHY WORK FOR US
· Competitive wages
· Medical/dental group benefits
· Great perks (Discounts to all ICONINK restaurants, discounted gym membership, etc.)
· Fun team and culture
· Training and development
· Growth opportunities
ICONINK recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.
Byblos brings the exciting flavours of the Eastern Mediterranean to diners in a progressively designed space.
Byblos represents a marriage of Eastern Mediterranean cuisine with strong influences from both traditional and local ingredients. Using time-honoured classic cooking techniques and modern methods, Executive Chef Ben Heaton has created dishes that showcase the regionally-specific spices and flavours of the Eastern Mediterranean seaboard. The menu is a true coastal and cultural mosaic, served family style in a convivial atmosphere.