Posted 4 days ago
At Jack Astor’s it’s all about personality, yes, we’re all about a delicious menu and fantastic beverages, but more than that we own fun. Yep, our teams are more than our co-workers, they’re our Peeps. Whatever role we hold in the restaurants, we are there for each other. Jacks is about being ourselves and having fun – and when we have fun our guests have fun too. The point is if you’re friendly, fun, and maybe a little crazy then you’ll fit right in and the possibilities for your career are endless.
Jack Astor’s North York is excited to hire candidates to fill Front-of-House positions, including:
- Service Associate/Busser
In your role, you will consistently provide our guests with an outstanding dining experience, which is achieved by adhering to our standards of quality and service. We will prepare and support you for success in your role and put you in an environment that has the highest standards and in a team with a positive attitude and a winning mindset.
• Working alongside your managers and other Peeps to provide the highest quality standards for food and a guest experience that is outstanding
• Greeting our guests, guiding them through the menu and taking guests’ orders in order to deliver a service that is memorable
• Ensuring all food and beverage orders are taken properly and attend to guests’ needs throughout the meal and providing optimum guest satisfaction and service
• Spreading the enthusiasm and energy among all of our peeps!
Skills & Requirements:
• Previous experience in a comparable restaurant not essential but a background in Customer Service is ideal.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Smart Serve Certification
• Available to work all restaurant operating hours
• Proficient in English verbal and written communication
Please stop by the restaurant located at 5051 Yonge Street outside of lunch and dinner hours to submit your resume and complete an application. Or, apply with your EightSix Profile (with your resume included). Jack Astor’s holds all interviews at the restaurant. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Date Available: October 9th, 2019
Other Positions: Busser / Server Assistant
Requirements: Smart Serve
Contact Name: Julie Johnston
Contact Position: General Manager
Our mission? Great people helping other great people totally have a blast while enjoying amazing food. Wow, that was a mouthful. But can you blame us? We’re a restaurant. One that specializes in delicious food and great times. Our goal is to make you laugh. And depending on your hot sauce tolerance, cry.In all seriousness, we take real pride in our food. Try our Jack’s Chicken Fingers, made and seasoned with fresh, never frozen chicken tenders. This isn’t run-of-the-mill pub grub. Our Band of Chefs are influenced by a wide variety of tastes and have travelled across the globe to gain inspiration. You’ll see it in menu items like our Pad Thai and Honey Sesame Chicken.
But outside of the kitchen, we find it hard to take ourselves seriously. We have an Elvis booth. For no particular reason. Folks, that really does say it all. We’re sports fanatics, music nuts and love a good joke. If you’re into at least one of those things, we should hang out.