Posted 14 days ago
Are you an event professional who loves organizing & planning and looking to break into event sales?
Job Description & Responsibilities:
The Senior Sales and Event Coordinator position for Liberty Grand is a full-time dedicated position which requires outstanding client relationship skills, an eagerness to work as part of a large & diverse team and the savvy to sell our unique venue and services.
We are looking for a team player who excels at communicating effectively and efficiently with clients and colleagues, is highly organized with an enthusiasm for seeing a task to completion. Our ideal candidate is hospitality-focused and advocates for our clients to create luxury experiences from first contact to farewell.
Your Event Coordinator responsibilities will include;
• Meeting with confirmed clients to review menus and event expectations
• Planning & detailing large events with significant food & beverage components
• Facilitating client tastings
• Creating detailed event orders
• Effective communication & coordination with the culinary & banquet teams
• Executing on-site day of event & client management
Your Sales responsibilities will include;
• Responding to incoming inquiries
• Meeting with and offering site visits with prospective and existing clients
• Preparing proposals based on clients’ needs
• Negotiating pricing & executing client booking contracts
Your Sales and Event Coordinator responsibilities will also include other duties assigned by the management.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• The ability to work successfully and sustainably in a high-volume, fast paced office environment
• Must be a team player who is also able to work autonomously
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
• Sales driven attitude to generate maximum revenue
• Effective in understanding client needs and efficiently executing clear and concise quotes
• Able to deliver client based solutions according to customer needs
• A minimum of 4 years or more in wedding and corporate Sales & Event Coordinating
• Hospitality degree or post-secondary education preferred however will consider equivalent relevant work experience
• Strong written & verbal English communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft-based programs & typing skills a must
• Experience with Caterease is an asset
• Available to work nights & weekends as required
Compensation will be based on experience & qualifications.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Liberty Grand, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Liberty Entertainment Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment, recruitment and selection process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Date Available: November 28th, 2019
Compensation: TBD based on experience
Requirements: , Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Coordinator
Built in 1926, the Liberty Grand is one of Toronto’s few heritage complexes. This monumental waterfront property boasts three impressive grand ballrooms, decorated in traditional early 1900’s elegance, and a modern open concept room. With crystal chandeliers, iron-laced balconies, thirty foot ceilings, and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Lake Ontario, you will enjoy a luxurious feel of stately elegance. The European style courtyard, majestic domes and columns bring back memories of an authentically historic atmosphere. From ceremony to reception to photography the Liberty Grand offers a complete setting to celebrate a perfect day from or Toronto venues.