Posted 6 days ago
We fall under the niche category of health and wellness of the restaurant business.
MANDY’S mission is to reimagine your salad experience within sensational spaces!
We are a young, vibrant organization, all about creating good vibes, while striving for innovation and excellence.
We love to promote wellness, and value social responsibility, and giving back to our communities! We treat our teams and guests as family, offering access to wholesome, fresh, and flavourful food! We believe in spoiling our guests through their 5 senses; sight, sound, taste, smell and topping it off with our personalized approach to guest experience! If you are a self-starter, who strongly values collaboration, healthy living, and strives to positively impact people and the environment, then MANDY’S is the place for you.
As we believe in being eternal students of life, we encourage our team members to be well-rounded team players, willing to get their hands dirty and do whatever it takes to keep your restaurant running smoothly! No matter what position you start in with us, you will have the opportunity to be cross-trained and will be tasked to take on different positions within our team.
- Employee discount
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing company
- A referral program
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Team Captain at MANDY'S, you are a natural leader with a knack for problem solving. You are an excellent mentor and you care about the success and wellbeing of your teammates. We’re looking for a leader who finds pride in inspiring those around them. You are a team player, you think on your feet, and good vibes is your middle name. You are emotionally intelligent and are capable of providing excellent coaching and feedback. If you're an experienced leader and proactive team player, we welcome your application to join Mandy's family!
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Lead the kitchen operations with passion and integrity, creating a great environment for our staff;
- Role model MANDY’S brand, culture, & values.
- Place food and supply orders within budgeted objectives set by the Kitchen
- Quality quality quality. Always maintain our food and product quality, safety and hygiene standards, policies, procedures, etc.
- Provide team members with on the spot coaching and feedback;
- Execute new team member onboarding, training and development;
- Oversee and maintain quality standard and consistency with every salad order;
- Provide high-volume service during busy hours and lead the team with positivity;
- Food prep, service, dishwashing and participating in the general maintenance of the kitchen;
- Collaborate with the Kitchen Manager on all other related tasks;
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Prior experience in a supervisory role;
- Experience training and coaching, with strong leadership and communication skills;
- Naturally smiley, energetic and motivated!
- Prior experience working in a kitchen or restaurant (asset);
- Dinesafe certification (asset);
- First aid certification (asset);
- Highly organized, able to multitask, and easily adapts and responds to change;
- Ability to work effectively during busy periods;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work standing for long periods; www.mandys.ca