Posted 20 days ago
As a Pastry Chef de Partie you are responsible to take care of the daily food preparation and duties assigned to meet the set standard and qualities whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Prepare the daily mis-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen or satellites
- Coordinate daily tasks with the Sous Chef or Executive Chef
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Instruct and lead subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparation and actively take part in set up and supervising of buffets and special functions
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
- Consult and check on daily requirements, functions and last minute events
- Guide and train the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment
- Maintain adherence to sanitation/health regulations and requirements.
Don Alfonso 1890 is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment, recruitment and selection process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidate taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Created in partnership with hospitality icon Nick Di Donato of the Liberty Entertainment Group, Don Alfonso 1890 Toronto is the first North American location of world renowned Michelin Star Chefs Alfonso and Ernesto Iaccarino’s Don Alfonso 1890. It is located in the historic Consumer’s Gas Building of 1852 on Toronto Street; in the heart of the Financial District in downtown Toronto.
Showcasing the incredible cuisine of Chef Ernesto Iaccarino and the wonderful fresh flavors of the Amalfi coast, Don Alfonso 1890 is an internationally recognized award-winning concept with locations in Sant’Agata, Amalfi Coast, Italy; Levello, Basilicata, Italy; Helena Bay, New Zealand; Macau, China and now Toronto. Don Alfonso 1890’s cuisine is characterized by its modernity, Mediterranean flare and the exceptional quality of the raw materials used.
The space is designed to evoke a sense of elegance and sophistication and acts as a canvas for the food it presents. Every detail, every piece of furniture has been crafted from finest materials, many of which were imported directly from Italy. The centerpiece of the dining room is “Crane” by renowned artist Philippe Pasqua. The one of a kind piece offers a unique juxtaposition to the elegance of its surroundings with a contemporary conversation piece. The interior walls at Don Alfonso 1890 are made complete with two original works by Toronto born artist, Daniel Mazzone.