Posted 16 days ago
Belgard Kitchen is one of three manufacturing brands within the Settlement Building, located at 55 Dunlevy Ave in Railtown; sharing the space with Settlement Brewing and Vancouver Urban Winery. We are a small, 67 seat restaurant that focuses on fresh and local ingredients highlighting what our province has to offer. We offer three different services, lunch and grab and go Monday to Friday, brunch on the weekends, and dinner seven nights a week. Our dinner service focuses on share plates served tapas style, creating a setting where people can enjoy multiple dishes and experience the full menu. Since we are a brewery and a winery as well, we highlight our fresh craft beer made on site and BC VQA wine on tap, with 9 beer taps and 34 wine taps.
We are looking for two to three full time prep/line cooks to work dinner, lunch, and weekend brunch shifts to enhance our team.
What we're looking for:
- Rule #1 - No assholes! We are looking for professionals who can take ownership of their roles and stations in a setting that promotes learning and growth to those who are reliable, candid, honest, trustworthy and hardworking
- The ability to stay organized from setup / service / shutdown
- A genuine interest in the food + beverage industry
- Keen eye for detail surrounding all aspects of the role - from prep to service to keeping your station clean
-Desire to learn and succeed within the team - pushing yourself and those around you for excellence
- Experience is an asset
What we offer:
- Competitive wage paid bi-weekly
- Cash tips, paid weekly based on hours worked and your level of expertise - higher the skill level higher the tips
- Free meal every shift
- Deals on Settlement Brewing beer + VUW wine off-sales
- Transparent growth plan for every single cook
- The opportunity to learn the basics and beyond from calm and educated cooks within a scratch kitchen
- Flexibility with vacations and time-off
- A fun, supportive, inclusive, and energetic work environment
Expect to work ~30-40 hours a week.
If Belgard Kitchen sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please send me an email with your resume.
Thanks in advance,
Executive Chef, Belgard Kitchen + Havana Vancouver
Belgard Kitchen is five years old and busier than ever! Situated in the 90-year-old Settlement Building alongside brother and sister brands, Postmark Brewing and Vancouver Urban Winery, Belgard Kitchen strives to deliver the most unique restaurant experience in the city! With about 70 seats and unique, ever-evolving menus for lunch, brunch, dinner and private catering, Belgard Kitchen aims to cater to a wide range of clientele. !