Posted 12 days ago
Working Hours: 35-40 hours per week (Permanent / full-time)
Benefits package offered: Eligible for Extended Benefits
Designed by the internationally renowned and award-winning Rockwell Group in New York, this elegant and modern steakhouse breaks the old-school mold and highlights a vibrant see-and-be-seen destination restaurant. Anchored by an open show kitchen and a Grillworks Infierno as the center piece, the menu will feature premium cuts of beef, sustainable seafood, and seasonal produce — all locally sourced. The convivial atmosphere flows from the airy dining room sections to the bar and lounge and through to a communal table.
We are currently hiring a full time, permanent Pastry Cook. The ideal candidate is a team player who works well under pressure in a dynamic and fast paced environment. He or she will have the opportunity to learn from an experienced kitchen team and work with exceptional seasonal products. If you are recognized for being team-oriented, motivated, energetic and organized, we invite you to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned as required)
- Complete assigned daily prep items with high quality and fresh ingredients
- Maintain an organized and clean prep/work area
- Assemble and design cakes and bread under the direction of the Pastry Chef
- Work closely with teammates to support the completion of daily cleaning tasks
- High attention to detail with regards to product presentation and design
- Ability to multi-task, ask for support and support others
- Sample ingredients, mix, and finished products to ensure standards, quality and created flavour profiles are met
- Capacity to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment to meet production schedules and timelines
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Successful completion of secondary school
- Minimum 1 year of commercial cooking experience or the successful completion of culinary school
- Ability to multi-task and have a keen an eye for detail
- Organized and able to work under pressure in a very busy environment
- Excellent English communication skills
- Interested, qualified candidates are invited to apply online.
This position will remain open until filled.
Date Available: October 2nd, 2019
Compensation: To be Discussed
Other Positions: Pastry Chef
Requirements: Food Safe Level 1, Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: Tamar Pomerantz
A steakhouse reimagined. Meet Elisa, located in the heart of Vancouver’s Yaletown — a unique and feminine take on the signature steakhouse experience featuring a Grillworks Infierno wood-fired grill.
It’s in this spirit of hospitality that Elisa offers a dining experience unlike any other.