Posted 9 days ago
We are currently seeking an experienced and energetic 1st Pastry Cook to join our production team of amazing professionals in the culinary industry. This position is ideal for ambitious chefs looking to make their mark on Canada's high-end food scene.
Who You Are:
• You have a passion for staying on top of current trends in pastry
• An experienced pastry chef with accreditation from a recognized culinary or equivalent trade paper
• Enthusiastic and outgoing; you're working early mornings or late nights with a smile on your face
• A clean-freak; you take pride in leaving your workstation spotless
• Responsible, organized, and independent; as a pastry chef, you have to be!
Need to Have:
• Ability to establish priorities and follow a timeline to organize one's day around mise en place and service
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to take direction and constructive criticism
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required
• Enthusiastic, outgoing personality, with a strong work ethic
What We Offer:
Compensation is dependent on experience but does include extended health benefits and gratuities.
Please send your resume and cover letter detailing why you would be a great addition to the Hawksworth team! While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
A celebration of Vancouver’s cultural diversity and natural environment Hawksworth Restaurant showcases ingredient led, contemporary cuisine that demonstrates the highly skilled technique and relentless drive for perfection that has become Chef David Hawksworth’s trademark.
Five-time winner of Best Upscale Restaurant in Vancouver Magazine’s Restaurant Awards, Hawksworth Restaurant is glamorous and elegant, yet relaxed and welcoming with warm and attentive service. Hawksworth Restaurant is located in the heart of the city at Georgia and Howe Streets within the legendary Rosewood Hotel Georgia.
Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with in bar dining menus and its own private rooms, Hawksworth can deliver an array of dining experiences from power breakfasts to after-work drinks, to formal gala events.