Industry News FreshSheet  - trending news in the restaurant and hospitality industry

Industry News FreshSheet
trending news in the restaurant and hospitality industry


Image: Aditya Chinchure | Unsplash

The Golden Owl Awards celebrate BC's hospitality industry. Vote today!

Vancouver's annual industry awards is now accepting votes for many categories including Restaurant Group of the Year, Best Bartending Personality, and Best Brewery Experience.

Oct 03, 2019 - EightSix Staff

Since 2004, the Golden Owl Awards (formerly the Vancouver Nightlife Awards) has been handing out the hardware to the Lower Mainland's best restaurants, bars, pubs, nightclubs and events. The event is back again this year, taking place on Monday, November 18th at the Rocky Mountaineer Station in East Vancouver - and online voting has just begun!

This year's categories include:

- Best Comedy Experience

- Best Cocktail Experience

- Best Food Experience

- Best Brunch Experience

- Best Service Experience

- Best Brewery Experience

- Best Distlllery Experience

- Best Patio Experience

Best of the Year Awards

- DJ Event of the Year

- Manager of the Year

- Nightclub of the Year

- Social Event of the Year

- Breakout Artist of the Year

- Restaurant Group of the Year

Best Awards

- Best Atmosphere

- Best Live Music Venue

- Best Bartending Personality

- Best Hotel Lounge

- Best New Destination

- Best Subculture Venue

- Best Late Night Lounge

- Best Pub

Category winners are chosen using a combination of public vote (via Facebook) and industry panel selections in order to maintain fairness and accuracy of the competition. Public votes account for 40% of the final results, with the remaining 60% represented by a panel of industry judges.

Vote now and purchase tickets to the event at The Golden Owl Awards.

Trending News

Wellness Together Canada created to support Canadians' mental health and substance use challenges during COVID-19

In need of mental health or substance misuse support? Wellness Together Canada provides free support and resources to Canadians coping with the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.

BC nightclubs and banquet halls to close, alcohol restrictions announced at restaurants

As COVID-19 numbers continue to increase, the BC Provincial Health Authority orders all banquet halls and nightclubs closed.

CEWS wage subsidy extended and additional help coming, Federal government commits

In welcome news to hospitality, Prime Minister Trudeau commits to supporting small businesses through the extent of the pandemic

Get Fresh News Delivered

Top Jobs

Assistant General Manager

CRAFT Beer Market Vancouver

Vancouver, BC - Sep 21

Guest Services

The Old Spaghetti Factory Abbotsford

Abbotsford, BC - Sep 10

Dishwasher

Earls Grandview Corners

Surrey, BC - Sep 05

2nd Cook

Chances Campbell River

Campbell River, BC - Sep 30

Server

The Taphouse Guildford

Surrey, BC - Sep 29

Host(ess)

The Taphouse Guildford

Surrey, BC - Sep 29

Dishwasher

Hawksworth Restaurant

Vancouver, BC - Sep 29

Bartender

The Taphouse Coquitlam

Coquitlam, BC - Sep 29

Host(ess)

The Taphouse Coquitlam

Coquitlam, BC - Sep 29

Housekeeping

Canuck Place Children's Hospice

Vancouver, BC - Sep 29

Dishwasher

Pier 7 Restaurant + Bar

North Vancouver, BC - Sep 29

Bartender

Showshaa Modern Taproom

Surrey, BC - Sep 29