Image: Sebastian Coman | Unsplash
Canada well-represented at the world's largest and oldest culinary event
Feb 26, 2020 - EightSix Staff
Canada's teams competing in the 2020 IKA Culinary Olympics left Germany big winners after placing well in multiple categories.
Taking place once every four years, the IKA Culinary Olympics is the oldest and largest culinary competition in the world. This year's event took place February 14-19, 2020, in Stuttgart, Germany, and featured 32 culinary teams representing over 60 countries and 6000 entries across all of the categories. Canada was represented by five teams and two individual competitors.
- Youth Culinary Team Canada, Gold (2 Categories), 4th Overall
- National Culinary Team Canada, Silver (2 Categories), 8th Overall.
- Culinary Team British Columbia, Silver (1 Category),
- NAIT Culinary Team, Bronze (1 Category), 12th Overall
- Agriculture Culinary Team Manitoba, Silver (1 Category)
- Tina Tang, Culinary Federation Okanagan, Bronze - Pastry Arts, 13th Overall
The BC government has just approved new wholesale pricing to allow restaurants and bars to purchase alcohol at reduced cost.
Provided patrons can still maintain two metres apart, restaurants may now allow more than 50% of their pre-COVID capacity.
Resorts, hotels, theatres, and the film industry may reopen while following WorkSaveBC guidelines.