Image: Sebastian Coman | Unsplash
Canada well-represented at the world's largest and oldest culinary event
Feb 26, 2020 - EightSix Staff
Canada's teams competing in the 2020 IKA Culinary Olympics left Germany big winners after placing well in multiple categories.
Taking place once every four years, the IKA Culinary Olympics is the oldest and largest culinary competition in the world. This year's event took place February 14-19, 2020, in Stuttgart, Germany, and featured 32 culinary teams representing over 60 countries and 6000 entries across all of the categories. Canada was represented by five teams and two individual competitors.
- Youth Culinary Team Canada, Gold (2 Categories), 4th Overall
- National Culinary Team Canada, Silver (2 Categories), 8th Overall.
- Culinary Team British Columbia, Silver (1 Category),
- NAIT Culinary Team, Bronze (1 Category), 12th Overall
- Agriculture Culinary Team Manitoba, Silver (1 Category)
- Tina Tang, Culinary Federation Okanagan, Bronze - Pastry Arts, 13th Overall
Union states that over 90% of its members have lost their jobs in the past two weeks due to COVID-19.
With sales dropping 20% to 50%, prix fixe event organized to support Asian restaurants in Toronto.
Uber Eats has announced that they will support independent restaurants through the Coronavirus Pandemic by waiving delivery fees.