Job Type: Part-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
For those craving a great start in the hospitality industry, join our culinary team as prep cook.
Under the guidance of senior cooks, a prep cook maintains high standards and food product consistency by preparing, presenting and storing food items.
The prep cook is also responsible for providing service to the food and beverage department in all aspects of dish and pot washing, as well as overall cleanliness of the back of house operation.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
A Great Fit, if You
- Work with senior cooks to prepare food for service
- Prepare food according to company standards
- Clean and store all dishes, cookware, serving utensils and cutlery.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the prep and dishwashing areas
What You Bring
- Are eager to learn, love to deliver extraordinary service, and are committed to ensure guest satisfaction
- Thrive in a team setting and like working with others
- Work well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks, and manage your time well
- Are a night owl and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
Why Work for Us?
- Experience with various knife-cutting techniques and knowledgeable in food safety preparation
- Previous Kitchen Services experience and knowledge of cleaning equipment/chemicals is preferred, but not essential
- Must be able to lift, push and pull heavy objects of up to 50 kg repeatedly during the course of a shift
- Must be able to constantly stand, walk, bend, twist and be exposed to heat, chemicals, noise, steam, odors and slippery floors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it’s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy. Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com. Apply Now!
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages! Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.