Impact Kitchen is always looking for enthusiastic, passionate, service oriented supervisors to join our diverse team. If health and wellness is your passion, if providing wholesome food and empowering others to make healthy choices drives you, and if you are looking for opportunities to grow alongside a dynamic team, then working with Impact might be a great fit for you! Read on to learn more about working here at Impact Kitchen. We look forward to adding your unique energy to our team and helping us make a positive Impact Everyday!
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Role of the Kitchen Supervisor (what we call our "Back of House Manager on Duty" or "BOH MOD", is to ensure all aspects of kitchen service run according to Impact Kitchen standards. This includes overseeing and working alongside Dishwashers, Line Cooks, and Garde Manger staff to deliver excellent final products through an engaged and motivated team.
Reports to: Assistant Kitchen Manager
- Able to execute all kitchen stations in order to support or perform when needed
- Lead by example & be an ambassador of the brand, standards, dress code, and operating practices
- Set the tone and lead the staff shift huddles while regularly communicating with the front of house team
- Guest relations and food quality control; handle any concerns or comments with timely follow-up. Ensure proper communication and handover to senior management as needed.
- Ensure all kitchen opens and closes are completed according to Impact Kitchen protocol; contribute to daily reports, manager checklists and log books by highlighting information pertaining to service
- Be aware of everything in the kitchen; Address cleanliness issues, safety issues, repairs and maintenance as needed
- Delegate checklist items and manage labour based on business volume.
- Ensure the highest standards of food quality as set in place by Impact Kitchen
- Regular communication and support of kitchen team; facilitating break times of BOH team
- Employee relations; handle internal concerns, provide coaching, and disciplinary requirements as required and handover to senior management as needed
- Understanding of WSIB, Crisis management procedures and incident reporting
- Minimum of 2 years kitchen experience
- Strong understanding of food safety and public health practices
- Ability to execute and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask when required
- Ability to communicate effectively, respectfully and work well with others in a team based setting
- Ability to lead in the points mentioned above
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
- Availability to work days, evenings, and weekends as business demands
- Food Handlers is an asset but not required
WHY WORK AT IMPACT?
- Grow with us! As Impact Kitchen grows there will be new leadership opportunities, including salaried positions. We always look to promote from within, providing mentorship and development along the way.
#TEAMIMPACT Calling all team players! We value all of our employees and recognize that we can accomplish so much more when we work together.
- Health & Wellness - Joining the Impact Kitchen team provides you with opportunities to learn more about nutrition, health, and wellness.
- Make an Impact - Impact kitchen provides meaningful employment, from our nutritionally based menu and food philosophy, the mission and values that guide all aspects of the business, to our drive to continually find new ways to serve our community.
Team Perks include:
- Tips shared equally between all restaurant employees
- 50% Discount on Impact brand purchases
- Free Impact staff events
- Free meal for each day of on-site work
Impact Kitchen was founded on the belief that food has the power to shape our daily lives. That real, wholesome ingredients, prepared simply and with integrity, can provide us with the energy to take on the day with ambition and optimism. Our flagship restaurant is located in the Corktown neighbourhood in the east end of Toronto, and we now have locations in the West End, Summerhill, and the Harbourfront.View Company