As a sous chef at our restaurant, you are responsible for supporting the Head Chef in providing the best culinary experience possible to every guest when they enter your building.
Food quality is the most important thing you do and everything you do effects it. Your number one priority is to give that guest that picture perfect plate no matter what the circumstances.
You need to be a leader above all else and are expected to lead, hire and inspire your kitchen staff by challenging and developing them. You are expected to help the Head Chef and eventually learn scheduling, training, inventories and work towards hitting various budget guidelines.
We’re looking for someone with the follow attributes:
• Comprehension of the English language, both written and verbal
• High School diploma or higher degree and/or chef accreditation
• Minimum of 1-2 years of operational experience in a high volume kitchen
• Strong knowledge of HACCP and food safety standards including Food Safe
• Superior communication skills with both teammates and management
• Ability to be on your feet for multiple hours per day and able to lift up to 50 pounds of
• Able to work any shift as the business dictates including weekends and holidays if
Other skills / experience that would be an asset but are not required; Red Seal Endorsement, Restaurant opening experience, Emergency First Aid Certificate
Years ago, on the streets of Meerut, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor chanced upon a yellow chilli amidst a plethora of green and red chillies. As food connoisseurs are aware, Meerut is the melting pot of unique chaats. The special yellow chilli spice mix the chaatwalas use here adds that extra zing and brings together a confluence of flavours, aroma and colour. With one bite of the yellow chilli, an idea was born. His restaurant, The Yellow Chilli came into being! The first Yellow Chilli was launched in 2001, and today there are around 80 (functional and upcoming included) outlets spread across India and abroad too.