Saba is a busy cafe and bistro in bustling Fort Langley and we are looking for a full time pastry chef.
We are seeking an experienced and professional individual with attention to detail who is able to execute in a high paced and energetic environment.
The Pastry Chef role includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Working independently to prepare and execute a variety of recipes for cakes, pastries, breads, scones, tarts, and confections.
- Being able to execute consistently according to the recipes and standards in terms of taste and appearance.
- Being responsible for safe food handling and keeping food preparation areas clean. Take part in daily kitchen cleaning at the end of work shift.
- Being responsible for operating and monitoring the proper functioning of equipment within bakery area.
- Instructing and supervising other pastry chefs in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food.
- Working quickly and efficiently to keep up with the demands of a busy cafe and bistro.
At least 5 years previous experience as pastry chef
Clear conversational English language ability is required.
This is a permanent, full-time position with a wage of $20.00 to $25.00 per hour depending on experience.
Sabá is a Mediterranean inspired Café and Bistro located in bustling Fort Langley. Specializing in home-made and seasonal cuisine everything from our Brunch to our pastries is passionately made in house.View Company