Join Toronto’s bustling tourism industry by applying for one of the many hotel jobs in the Great Toronto Area. Find job opportunities for some of the city’s most luxurious hotels including Marriott, Four Seasons Toronto, Fairmont Royal York and Shangri-La Hotel. Browse through customer-service jobs that include concierge and front-desk positions to back-of-house and serving jobs.
From boutique hotels to family-friendly accommodations, there’s never a dull moment when you work in a hotel in Toronto. Welcome thousands of national and international tourists as you meet people from all over the world and help them see the best of what Toronto has to offer.
Impact Kitchen is growing and looking for an experienced Kitchen Manager to grow with us as part of our expansion! Impact Kitchen was founded on the belief that food has the power to shape our daily lives. That real, wholesome ingredients, prepared simply and with integrity, can provide us with the energy to take on the day with ambition and optimism. With the support of our team of chefs, nutritionists, and fitness experts, we are dedicated to ensuring each item on our menu has a nutritional purpose (and tastes amazing too).
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The role of the Kitchen Manager is to lead all aspects of the kitchen with the goal of delivering great food, minimizing waste and running a profitable business. As Impact’s Kitchen Manager you must be an advocate of our mission, participate in and support our vision, and live and breathe our values. You and your team will strive to deliver the best-in-class guest experience with a motivated and engaged staff aligned to an exciting workplace culture. This role is fully accountable for cost of goods, people, equipment, safety, cleanliness and excellent food execution.
Reports to: General Manager
- Assist in set up, organization and cleanliness of the kitchen
- Manage kitchen compliance including health and safety regulation
- Manage the production schedule and logistics within a multi-location operation
- Oversee the work of a large kitchen staff, working together with them as a team.
- Scheduling of kitchen personnel in conjunction with business forecasts and predetermined budget
- Model the company’s standards and operating practice ensuring that the team follows
- SOP’s through production
- Recruit and train top talent through progressive training and set evaluations aligned to career planning.
- When necessary, execute disciplinary action via HR process for all kitchen personnel
- Interpret and report cost of goods and labour actuals versus budget
- Work alongside senior management and stakeholders responsible for menu development on innovative new menu items and recipe creation
- Culinary Degree from a recognized Institute of Culinary Arts or equivalent combination of education and experience, Red Seal preferred
- Minimum 3 years progressive culinary/kitchen management experience
- Proven understanding and success managing food and labour costs
- Comprehensive knowledge of food production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Knowledge of federal, provincial and municipal health and safety requirements
- Exceptional communication, organization and leadership skills
- Experience in training, orientating and development of new employees
- Proven ability to ensure and train on consistency, quality and plate presentation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Willing to periodically work long hours depending on the needs of the business
- Willingness to perform other duties as assigned
- Multiple outlet or commissary experience considered an asset
- Ability to lift over 20lbs is required
- Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered
WHY WORK AT IMPACT?
Grow with us! As Impact grows there will be new leadership opportunities, including salaried positions. We will always look to promote from within, providing mentorship and development along the way.
#TEAMIMPACT Calling all team players! We value all of our employees and recognize that we can accomplish so much more when we work together.
Mission & Values Impact kitchen provides meaningful employment, from our nutritionally based menu and food philosophy, to our values that guide all aspects of the business
Vegan & Paleo - opportunity to learn more about these diets & nutrition in general
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Health benefits program offered at the end of 3 month probationary period
- Free meals and 50% Discount on Impact brand purchases
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
Impact Kitchen was founded on the belief that food has the power to shape our daily lives. That real, wholesome ingredients, prepared simply and with integrity, can provide us with the energy to take on the day with ambition and optimism.
Our first Impact Kitchen location opened in 2015 in the up-and-coming wellness community of Corktown on King Street East, and built what has since become a hub for the community, a place where people come in for a quick bite or to linger with friends over a meal prepared by a team that prioritizes the health and well-being of its customers.